A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Contract expired 31 December and now he is all hurt because the ABC won’t let him do the farewell Ashes call. ABC must have baulked at his fee. Hope ABC ceases to engage him for Offsiders as well.

7 Likes

He wants to ■■■■ a horse.
A doped up horse, no less.

9 Likes

Pffft he calls himself a journalist. Had the biggest story in AFL, hell even Australian sport, and sat on it. Knows the saga is bullshit but doesn’t call it out.

A disgrace to the profession (or what’s left of it).

12 Likes

On what basis do we say this? (Serious question). Because he gets those emails from Bruce?

This is the man who compared Dustin Fletcher to Ben Johnson as a drug cheat and said he wouldn’t want Dustin Fletcher anywhere near his (hately’s) kids.

10 Likes

Bambi as was pointed out made big noise immediately after the interview with the doctor who exposed the AwFuL and ASADA over AOD. Then he went quiet until suddenly he is hosting AwFuL events. He was got at and sold the truth and the players out for a future ‘with’ the AwFuL.
He did the interview with Brent Prismall re incorrect filling out of Anti drugging Form and tore an extremely nervous Prismall apart even though it was known Prismall was not drug tested during the time the program was in operation. Then wrote an article on it further ‘stretching’ the truth and reinforcing the AwFuL line. He also interviewed Dyson Heppell and at the end of the interview noted that “Dyson had a few things wrong in that interview” code for Dyson didn’t follow the AwFuL line in some of his answers. Bambi’s might work for ABC and now SEN but he is an AwFuL man.
Would not give him the time of day. The Test broadcasts will be much improved now we do not have to put up with his sanctimonious and whiny opinions.

23 Likes

Pompous rat

9 Likes

I just hate the way he make everything so grandiose. Like, he’ll describe Jobe Watson bouncing a ball like so-‘As the great, battle-worn warrior of Essendon pounds the red smooth leather of the Sherrin into the meticulously sculpted green grass of the hallowed ground of the sacred MCG’.

Think he’s a bit lame.

14 Likes

Will be interesting how he goes with SEN listening audience (going by opinions on BB, have never listened to SEN, the listening audience appear to like low grade style over substance)

1 Like

Agreed, I consider the move quite odd.

1 Like

Station should change its name to Francis and the Leeches.

3 Likes

It’s just about money

for him sure, odd for the stations demographic though

Whateley is one of the best in the business but not sure if his style (exaggerated, pretentious, floganoid) will translate to commercial radio. C Hutchison is really serious about all this radio stuff.

Really? Do you have a link? That’s unbelievable! How could he say that?

Yes, Whateley is prone to hyperbole. But he’s good caller. I’m sorry to see him go, especially before the end of the Ashes. It’ll be interesting how long he lasts on SEN. That’s a station that’s had so many changes of personnel, there are bound to be more soon. How long will G. Whateley last?

Don’t think anyone would dispute that.

I made notes at the time on 21Dec2016 regarding this and previous topics on Blitz.
I have no links and it was on ABC Radio.
This is what I wrote:

"For clarity.

On the ABC at the time Dustin Fletcher was told he couldn’t be at his son’s junior footy training sessions Hately compared Fletch with Ben Johnson, an athlete tested +ve for PHDs, and labelled them drug cheats. He put Fletch and Johnson in the same class, he then said “I wouldn’t want this man anywhere near my kids”.
If you want to interpret that in any other way I would remind you Hately is clever man and wouldn’t conflate the issues or say anything accidentally.
As for Heppell, I remember it being written in this forum, that Hately wasn’t happy working with Heppell in the media, viz. Fox footy something. That Heppell shouldn’t be working in this capacity because of his suspension.
Someone should start a thread where inaccuracies by the MSM and any other ill-informed moron or agenda driven journo can be recorded for future reference.
Oh, and by the way. Ever since the Saga hit the air Hately has taken the approach of guilty until proven innocent. Every question he asked, every statement he made was from the basis of guilt established."

7 Likes

The fact that anyone would even consider asserting that that snake is “the best in the business” indicates the deplorable state of the football “media” that we are now forced to endure.

He and Leach are and have always been disgraceful which was made abundantly clear for everyone during the saga.

They were only able to get away with preaching their bile because they had the cover of ABC “integrity” which they have (like so many of their predecessors) used to wangle a job in the commercial media which was always their aim from the outset.

The usual result for these types is failure in the commercial market since they invariably get even worse ratings than the morons they replace and once they are shown the door they generally come crawling back to Auntie. The shame of it is - is that the ABC even considers letting them back.

6 Likes

Agreed, which is another reason I stopped listening to the pontificating, self-righteous weasel years ago; not to mention the annoying Geelong bias.

2 Likes