A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Got mine for sending two labels from tinned peaches, 20 cents and a self-addressed envelope to Ardmona.

2 Likes

20 cents! You got ripped off man.

1 Like

I’d reckon.
I got a set of Essendon footy cards for that and all he got was a Walkley.

1 Like

Bargain; did you get the cardboard bubblegum too?

Hawcazzo goes bang, I’m hearing ya fella.

I had :tumbler_glass: every time i read a buzzword and now I’m in the gutter.

SEN sacked Robbo today.

6 Likes
1 Like

Or it could have something to do with his incoherent drunken ramblings when he’s on air Schwarta.

8 Likes

More likely it was because Hutchy and Robbo hate each other.
Robbo called the “Footy Show” a rotting carcass after Hutchy became the host. That was never going to taken on the chin.

4 Likes

Robbo gone, Ro Co doing some filling in, Whately bumping KB out of his morning possie, Francis Leach largely bumped from the station, with no major hosting role. Patrick Smith disappeared earlier last year.

Maybe SEN is trying to attract a broader audience who need a bit more sophistication than the likes of Robbo can provide.

Will be interesting if they can increase their ratings this year.

2 Likes

Fixed…

15 Likes

Robbo’s an idiot. Good move, Hutch.

6 Likes

And Jabba the Hutch isn’t?

1 Like

Did I say that?

2 Likes

They got rid of Robbo because they can only afford so many boxes of Krispy Kreme a day. Hutchy is just looking after good old number one

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to SEN for donkey’s years but Robinson has been clearly, obviously plastered on-air on TV at times recently. It was embarrassingly clear. Slurring, reeling, eyes unfocused, forgetting the names of players and stumbling for words and facts.

This may be as simple a judgement as SEN thinking he’s on the downhill slope and not able to do then job any more (or soon to be so)

1 Like

As Barry Day pointed out it’s because there is mutual dislike between Hutchison and Robinson - Nothing more or nothing less - For all Robbo’s weaknesses he is a major part of crunchtime which works well as a program.

1 Like

Crunch time is really good but I think Robbo can be easily replaced if the others remain.

1 Like

Rohco seems to have made a better transition to radio and is able to run his own show even in extended time slots.

1 Like