A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

This thread has taken a weird turn

4 Likes

Maybe she was just less than the perfect human being sheā€™s been made out to be? Things never are black and white. Itā€™s okay to acknowledge the good and bad aspects of the work she did.

Not really. They have the potential to become good mates. Really good mates.

I think you misjudge me.
It would be Liverpool style.

Is G Whately doing the morning slot on a part-time basis? C Cornes seems to be on as much as he is.

Oh. SEN are doing the S Africa series. Thatā€™s why G Whiteley isnā€™t there.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you go over there with him?

5 Likes

Who do you hate more, me or G Whateley?

Iā€™m glad theyā€™re calling the cricket though, especially as no one else is. More live sport on radio is a good thing, good for those that donā€™t have fox too.

4 Likes

if you walked into a room and Franklin was standing in one corner and Twatley in the other. Who would you go to first?

2 Likes

Blackkaviar

1 Like

FRANKLIN!

2 Likes

It will be on ABC grandstand on digital/online

The one person who will be happy that SEN is calling the cricket is Jack Heverin who is out of his depth in his current role - Though think Whateley will only be able to call the first two tests due to his commitment with AFL360.

It does seem Whateley is rather part time. Started around a month ago, doesnā€™t do Friday, has better part of a week away to call Super Bowl then after a few weeks back, takes off to South Africa for cricket.

I donā€™t often get to listen to the 9-12 slot anyway, except if Iā€™m onsite and itā€™s on there or in the car on my way to appointments but it does seem odd that heā€™s brought onboard to host a show heā€™s rarely around for. Wonder why SEN have had financial/ratings issuesā€¦

Whately is boring as bat plop. Iā€™ve only listened a couple of times and this just shows how much I donā€™t like his show, but gimme KB back please. At least the silly old fart throws some humour in there.

1 Like

I reckon Whately has more than paid his way and Hutchy is absolutely on the right track. As Iā€™ve said, Iā€™ve never been a great GW fan but his interviewing and ability to get relevant and interesting guests on his show has been a surprise to me. He called the NFL and did an incredible job on a foreign sport and now as of tomorrow night he wil be calling Sth Africa v Aus in SA live back to SEN. Live overseas test cricket or Mark Fine carrrying on and swearing at tallback callers - Iā€™m more than happy with the changes.

1 Like

Reckon Fat Hutchy has seriously miscalculated with the afternoon shift. What Dr Turf knows about anything outside of horse-racing can be written on a postage stamp (as Mark Allen was with anything outside of golfā€¦) Heā€™s purely there for (allegedly) comedy value, and his contribution is roughly the same as that Matt fella they had on years ago i.e. very little.

KB himself is very much an acquired taste (doesnā€™t do it for me, Iā€™m afraid) - maybe it helps if youā€™re over 60. If they really had to pair he and Dr Turf, why not leave them in the 9 - 12 shift? If Twatley is as good as people say, heā€™s the one who should have his cajones on the brick and be helming the more visible afternoon slot?

I do miss Fine, principally because he was rogue and not an AwFuL kissarse. He was at least entertaining, though totally unprofessional and possibly more suited to an overnight shift, where few listen and anything generally goes. His replacement (Jack somebody?) is as boring as batshit and clearly an AwFuL sympathist.

The only time I listen now is 6 till 7. Pooper Scooper McClure is a wanker of the highest order, but you can now get a condensed summary of the day in sport, without having to bother listening to anything else during the day. And often you only need to listen to the first 10 minutes of it to know that nothing really happened that day, and can switch off accordingly. Works for meā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m overall very happy with the changes but I agree that there may have been a miscalculation on Turf being able to manage a co-host role for three hours a day five days a week. Him and KB have worked together for years and I reckon are ok for an hour a week or so but co-host is a stretch and I can see them making a change. I also agree that Jack H at night is a bit bland but for me anything is better than Fine although itā€™s not a time that I listen too often.

Not sure they will move on Dr Turf considering he part owns Croc Media

1 Like