A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

The whole thing is weird if you ask me.

Gynaecologist jokes have been around forever. It’s not racist, sexist or homophobic.

If he offended Montagna or his wife that’s between the three of them.

Having said that it was sick and innapropriate for commercial media. Totally understand why MMM doesn’t want a bar of it.

But the reaction does seem overblown. Eddie called Goods an ape. Karl made a joke about tranny’s. These are way worse if you ask me.

Karl made a joke about Caro?

5 Likes

And if Eddie insulted Goodes is that between the two of them?

1 Like

No becuase Eddies comment was racist and could cause offence to all Aboriginals.

Barry Hall used gross out humour. You might be offended by the gross out humour, but it wasn’t sexist.

Why does it have to be sexist? Can’t it just be offensive?

After what happened to Eurydice Dixon you are surprised there is outrage?

Seriously. Women are saying how sacred they are of men. Women change their behavior so as not to put themselves in situations where men will rape and murder them. Women came out after the death of this girl and asked men to stand with them.

2 weeks later we hear sexist comments on air and no one - no one on that panel pulled him up. They laughed. Demeaning women is laughable. That is the most appalling thing to me.

32 Likes

watch tv, they’re blasting ads to stop violence against women.

You are kidding. Not sexist?

2 Likes

Right on Heffsgirl!

2 Likes

Sounds like a classy guy.

6 Likes

Clearly he is not, and doesn’t pretend to be.
I’m not sure whether you’re implying something other than that.

There are plenty who don’t see it that way.
I understand that some people do.
For some, gynocologist in the context of the ‘joke’ is interchangeable with proctologist.

Not sexist, just in VERY poor taste. I was shocked and I detest PC/SJW’s etc. Both should be reprimanded. Neither should be sacked.

Spot on

1 Like

The joke wasn’t all that different from a rape joke. That’s why we women found it particularly offensive. Another one.

5 Likes

I’d be careful about using terms like ‘we women.’
You don’t speak for an entire gender.

Hall is a ■■■■
This is the same guy who had that interview with Staker saying how sorry he was/could have killed him, then footage comes out of him wacking blokes in some local league soon after

The question i would like to know. If men arnt willing to pull up their mates over inappropriate and rape joke/comments about women… are they also unlikely to pull up their mates if they are being violent to their girlfriend or wife?

Blokes can can argue all they like, but in the end it’s weak as ■■■■ if your not willing to call out verbal or physical violence. Cowardly.

5 Likes

You’re making all sorts of assumptions here.

1 Like

It’s an honest question.

Are men likely to have a crack at their mates if they know they are being violent to women?