A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

I do think this thread should get back to where it belongs - slagging off Rolo for jerking off over Hutchys podxast

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer to be sodomised than listen to Hutchy.

2 Likes

ā€¦isā€¦is there a third optionā€¦?

12 Likes

Is this a rape joke? I guess that depends on the level of consent. Iā€™m not offended because I come here knowing this is how we talk. Similarly, listening to MMM footy shows or NRL, Iā€™m not expecting cultured, educated social intercourse.

Hall was filling in and is obviously dispensable so was sacked immediately. Montagna is required so as you were. Montagna started the rot and was speaking about his wife. Unbelievable. Both morons, both disgusting. Unbelievable conversation to have preceding a football game.

10 Likes

To give a womanā€™s perspective I see it as a really disgusting joke, and if I were Montagnaā€™s partner, heā€™d be in serious ā– ā– ā– ā–  with me. Do I see it as a rape joke? No. Hall is a grot, Montagna obviously a ā– ā– ā– ā– . Seriously, who wants to know those details anyway.

21 Likes

How good will it be in the Montagna household the next week

4 Likes

Barrett was there? Just listened.

Sounding Board a MUST LISTEN this week. In.

1 Like

Would love to knoe if Barrett was one of the guffawing baboons in the background. Especially given he declared Hallā€™s words inexcusable.

3 Likes

Barrett laughed.

Then heā€™ll Be the first to condemn and high horse it.

5 Likes

His sliding doors column should be a doozy this week then.

Simmo has the gist of the problem - There is too much SELF INDULGENCE on the part of sports radio - I donā€™t want to hear about a presenterā€™s private life on air - Donā€™t want to hear about naughty children, snoring partner, your golf game etc,etc,etc - Your job is to discuss and analyse sport - Once you get into self indulgence then you could have an issue like Barry Hall - Hopefully this should be a wake up call.

19 Likes

Agreed. I think he showed his own wife disrespect by even raising it no matter how flippant it was. My wife would be none too happy with me had I done that (not that I would) even among friends let alone on air.

5 Likes

100% Cocksmack.

Does Montagna actually have a job on radio, he wasnā€™t just a guest?

Montagna is just a creep of a human. The kind of guy who would attempt to justify lighting someone on fire

1 Like

Itā€™s Barry Hall. Surely he is not smart enough to come up with a ā€˜jokeā€™ like that in his own??

Itā€™s disappointing that Barry Hall has soured his previously good name.

21 Likes

Not just radio, either. I attempted to watch one of the Sunday footy panel shows recently and had to give up as all they did was talk about themselves and each other, laugh at their own and othersā€™ jokes and in-jokes, snort, guffaw, giggle and grunt. Didnā€™t hear ANY footy talk so turned it off.

7 Likes

Is it any wonder when one of the weekend sports programs is called ā€˜the dead set legendsā€™, it kind of sets the tone for being full of themselves.

2 Likes