A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Do other codes do this (I don’t mean NRL)?
Soccer?
Baseball?
Basketball?
NFL?

Edit: I’m trying to imagine a boofhead’s tennis show…

9 Likes

I’d watch that.

1 Like

Me too.

Of course you would

"Barry Hall’s former Triple M colleagues have labelled his vulgar comments about a co-panellist’s wife “disgusting, offensive and unacceptable”.
Presumably these are the same colleagues that were laughing.

and right on cue:
"Hall issued an apology on Saturday to the Montagnas, declaring he was “a proud father and dedicated partner and have nothing but respect for women”

2 Likes

They’re not kidding anyone. They could have reigned Hall and Montagna in before it got out of control but chose to laugh and giggle along instead. Now they’re attempting to set themselves apart from Hall as if he and he alone is the culprit here? Please…

7 Likes

And you know what, he’s absolutely telling the truth. I’ve had a bit to do with him over the years, and he is all of those things. Unfortunately he is also a one of the boys yobbo, who too often doesn’t think before he acts. Kind of sad because he is a seriously good bloke.

I have never met Montagna, but he must be a bit of work to be discussing his wife like that in the media. Reckon what he did was way beyond Hall’s stupid boys locker room stuff.

If I had of done what Hall did, my wife would have told me that it was pretty farking tasteless and disrespectful, and that I needed to grow up. If I did what Montagna did, she would have hit me so hard I reckon I’d still be in orbit. And when I landed I’d find that if I still had a wife, my troubles were just beginning.

12 Likes

It’s that yobbo culture that has to change. And only men can do that. That’s what is most upsetting - the other guys on the panel let it go.

For too long women have had to check everything they say and do. It’s time for you blokes to stand up to this behavior.

13 Likes

It’s all in the delivery…and a breech of good taste.

You’ll get no argument from me.

1 Like

Triple M is full of bogans and Neanderthals. I’m actually amazed this stuff hasn’t happened more with them.

Then again I’m amazed brownless has any sort of job in footy, so who knows anymore

4 Likes

I’m surprised it got such a negative reaction since only bogans and Neanderthals listen to it.

1 Like

I did. Like I said earlier, Mark Howard has gotten away with murder here. He guides the show and he led everyone down that path.

Great point. Nothing will change until the mindset changes, if just one called it out on air … that would be enough.

2 Likes

“the doctor has a bit of a feel around there and puts a couple of fingers up there”

I’m no hall fan, but if people are going to get outraged and enjoy him being sacked, surely the morality pc police should be out hunting for montagna’s blood and sacking too right ?

poor taste yes, but jesus the tedious links draw from this to everything, well it’s just absurd. but hey how many men have been labelled as condoning rape culture and violence against woman and all that, when they didn’t agree that it’s mens jobs to change to monitor other mens behaviour.
hell the one time i stupidly entered this debate a week ago, i got told i enjoy and laugh at rape jokes all because i said, as a male I would like to feel safe walking around at night also.

the world has gone ■■■■■■■ mad looking for boogiemen and woman in every ■■■■■■■ situation they can, to just be morally outraged for the ■■■■■■■ sake of it.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d have sacked the entire panel.

Completely and utterly terrible comments particularly as it was made within a program about football. There was absolutely no need at all to go there.

12 Likes

Exactly

There were 4? others in the room, plus a producer/ panel operator with a 7 second delay dump
How on earth is the producer/panel op escaping any heat? Drop the F bomb on a talkback call and they’ll dump you ASAP.

5 Likes

Surprised Steven Milne didn’t have a hand in all this