A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Personally I’d rather Culbert ■■■■■■ himself with an extremely sharp object.

Thanks, no history lesson required.

I think you are wrong on a number of fronts and are generalising. Also, to say that ‘now that’s all there is 24/7’ and 'why study tactics and watch games and work on insightful analysis when you can simply add “it’s my understanding” is grossly overstating time given to this stuff by media. Perhaps you don’t watch or listen to much. Ralph does a short bit on Fox and Barrett on TFS. Fox has hours upon hours of analysis all day long on Sat and Sun by King, Roos, Brown, Johnson etc. SEN does it daily. It’s so overanalysed it gets boring. The ‘my sources’ journo stuff is so minor it’s almost non existent and certainly not 24/7.

Do you even know how advertising works on websites?

2 Likes

I don’t care if it’s sharp or blunt as long as the ■■■■ necks himself

I’d be keen to know, cause there’s a Womens wear company that’s constantly in my blitz feed.

3 Likes

He was just playing the devil’s advocate/ crusty old man angry at the status quo role, as he always does. Doubt he truly cares.

So both ends

That rich ■■■■■ can buy the favour of the plebs when they choose, after skirting the metaphorical and literal queue?

You might be right but I remember he marched with us before the Melbourne game in 2016.

Most celeb types ran 100 miles from us back then,

11 Likes

Reckon those moments were the only time he was real & honest on air and you saw a bit of the real person underneath.

Not just saga related either, the rare occasions when he was serious and actually spoke his own thoughts, he was actually pretty good.

I think there was also a genuine respect & care for Hirdy that went further back, way before all the parasites jumped on board with all the “we forgive you” and “he has suffered enough” crap.

8 Likes

His views on football are pretty accurate (game style etc) however that’s about it. Perhaps if they talked more about football?

Did I misunderstand something? Did he say that if the show doesn’t get renewed that he will retire from the show? Isn’t that how it works anyway? Or is the wording different?

Reckon he was trying to boost the ratings for next week’s show.

100% agree. Imagine Front Bar putting footy show on the GF show???

Footy Show having Living End on the GF show…they became lame a decade ago and yet they are regulars every year…

1 Like

Wonder if they’ll have anything to say about GF banners

1 Like

You should play one of their songs in the DJ thread.

Became?

Nup, would it help if I upgrade my Atari ?

6 Likes

I reckon they were great early days, the eps and first two albums were solid af, pillars of my yuff

3 Likes

Yeah, their early stuff is really solid.

Chris Cheney is an incredible guitarist, I would love to see him in a band where he just plays lead.

2 Likes