A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Oh hi! You all still here? Can someone tell me wtf 'crispy one' means?

Thanks. I’ve been too embarrassed.

I have assumed it’s because they like using that term a fair bit… Garry and that mate of his on the Footy Show, the one who gets paid to joke with his mates on radio rather than actually commenting on the game

“Here come the strippers.”

Love the visual picture of a red and black karma bus packed with 60,000 members rolling through kants... Looking forward to its next stop.

Man I 'm loving this thread and contributions such as this.

How is this actually a ‘news item’?

How is this actually a 'news item'?

It was certainly news to Billy!

Billy doesn’t know
that Nicky and me
do it in my van
every Sunday

How is anything a news item?

Billy doesn't know that Nicky and me do it in my van every Sunday
One of the great movies!

I didn’t even start this thread

I keep thinking about this post and it makes me laugh every time.

Sad that this thread has sort of run its course.

Cos it was freaking great.

Quick 'Boot, make a pun.

We're fresh out of ethnicities to be scared of.

There’s nothing like the blitz community getting together to bag a shared evil force (or just plain old Cnt). It’s actually a bit utopian.

I’ll give you the latest update from The Geelong Ady to keep you going. Includes stupid comments by Leech and Ox.

News
Billy Brownless, wife Nicky and daughters rally in show of support as fallout with The Footy Show host Garry Lyon continues

February 17, 2016 9:14am
Geelong Advertiser

AFL personality Billy Brownless spent time with his ex-wife Nicky and their daughters in Geelong this morning, as he rallies around his family.

Billy Brownless dropped Nicky and their daughters Lucy, 19, and Ruby, 18, at their luxury home in Geelong, in a public sign of solidarity in the wake of his fallout with friend Garry Lyon.

After being in hiding since the news broke on Friday, Nicky finally emerged from hiding on Monday.

In a saga that has split the two AFL commentators and engulfed Channel Nine’s The Footy Show and radio station Triple M, Lyon is understood to have had a relationship with Nicky after she left her husband.

Lyon is now off-air indefinitely, with Channel 9 stating that he had stood down from media duties due to an “ongoing mental health condition.”

Nicky again refused to make a public comment on the issue today.

A Geelong friend of hers said Monday she was devastated by the situation.

“It’s a very delicate and upsetting time, she just wants to be left alone,” she said. “Her priority at the moment is the children.

“She’s very well respected in Geelong and we are all supporting her.”

Billy also left the home without speaking to the media.

The Footy Show veteran Sam Newman is adamant that the program — including Lyon and Brownless — will weather the storm.

“What the public should do … is give us a chance to get to air,” he said on 3AW.

“James Brayshaw (who will host the show Lyon’s absence) is a very competent broadcaster, and I am what I am; I’m a dill.

BILLY REFLECTS ON MARRIAGE BREAKUP

“I’m sure Bill will be there at some stage, and Garry will be there at some stage when he has overcome his depression. That is a given.”

Lyon’s former teammate David Schwarz said he discussed the situation with breakfast radio co-host Francis Leach, who likened the situation to a party that is raging at 1am “before one mate punches another mate and the party’s over”.

Schwarz said “if Garry had’ve punched Billy, it might have been done and dusted”, and doesn’t believe there’s any coming back from this.

“There is one thing that is taboo in life and in footy and just about around planet,” he said.

“It’s just not acceptable – it’s not on. It’s taboo. How many times have we been told – don’t do it off your own pier? There’s plenty of fish in the ocean.

“Every cliche that you can think off in relation to this topic is out there, and it’s out there as a result of what goes on. This is what happens.

“There’s no winners.”

she is well respected in geelong, why? For marrying a flog like brownless or for banging Lyon.

How she has gotten off so lightly is beyond me.

Fark I hate the media

Is Nicky Billy’s wife or not? Media can’t even tell us that. Well they did tell us in that article, they told us both possibilities. WTF

This thing of Lyon ad “depression” is giving me the ■■■■■. They are making light of a serious issue, it’s ■■■■■■■ me off especially now as it appears a young relative of mine is quite unwell. Depression my ■■■■.

He could very well have a decent dose of it. But because the only way I know anything about this situation is through the media I can’t be certain as I don’t trust the media in mainstream forms any more.