A Plea

Can we please,  please,  for the love of the team,  and for our own dignity,  stop it with this awful "Essington" crap?

I realise that It was kinda funny once.    And I realise that from time to time the team or the club does something that makes all of us think we're a basket case.   I also realise that some of you guys who seem to love it are mods around here.   However the joke was old in 2007. 

But it's worse than just plain awful.  It's actually damaging to the club,  and the team. 

People have a tendency to behave in the way that they are labelled.

Furthermore,  we're just doing our opposition supporters a big favour.   It's insulting,  degrading and in no way is it constructive.    Why should we make comments like that about the team that means so much to us?

Use the swear corrector to change it to Essendon,  so no-one can make it happen again. 

Thanks for listening.

I didnt think it was ever funny

But there are times where it perfectly represents what I want to say...

agree, it was never funny.

How many game Essington lose?
I havent heard anybody use the term essington outside this forum, and im sure if you shouted out 'we are essington' at the top of your voice when we're 10 goals behind people will probably think you, not the team, are the true basket case.
If the players are foolish enough to look at this forum thats their own problem, but im sure theyd realise its a lame joke.
Lighten up.

Essington sums it up perfectly when we have our homer moments.

the ability to laugh at oneself during these times is a pretty important character trait.

hence I laugh constantly.

Stiff gurge.

I havent heard anybody use the term essington outside this forum, and im sure if you shouted out 'we are essington' at the top of your voice when we're 10 goals behind people will probably think you, not the team, are the true basket case.

+1

I dont think its that bad or good.

I actually dont think too much about it.

I'm out of the loop here. What does it actually mean and why is it upsetting people?

When we play bad. We become Essington, our alter-ego.

I think it’s good to laugh at ones self, it’s not something opposition supporters would give a Damn about.

this should be front page of THE BIG ISSUE!

About time, thank you.

It is all in good taste and is a way for some of the people on here to vent in a sarcastic way.

I would much rather see people saying “we are Essington” than people bagging out our players and singling out players.

Like someone said: “If you can’t laugh at yourself.”

I think some people just need to suck it up and move on.

I dont think its that bad or good.

I actually dont think too much about it.

About time, thank you.

No worries.

Use the swear corrector to change it to Essendon,  so no-one can make it happen again. 

Countdown for "nemir" to be changed to "Mif" in the autocorrect...

I fully embrace the history, the context and the use of of the word Essington.

I always thought it was a word made up of ESSendon collINGwood ****TON.

Oh well, put too much thought into it