A song for Diggers

How creepy are the lyrics?

Q) Do you know why they don’t write songs like that anymore?

A) Because they’re no good.

2 Likes

And yet, ummmmmm…you brought it up, right?
You know I would never deliberately hurt an old friend. I wasn’t to know about the bad time in your past. It was just a bit of fun, mate. Sorry.

Also, I would like to tell you something about myself that you possibly already know anyway. :slight_smile: I don’t give a shyte about fitting in with the mob. “Ooowah that music is old, I can’t say I like that, people will say I’m not cool Ooowah.” I don’t give a shyte, mate. I have over 1300 songs on my playlist that range from Luciano Pavorotti Nessun Dorma at one end of the spectrum to Ram Jam Black Betty at the other end and a plethora of all sorts of music types in between (including Neil)!
As Shirley Bassey sang I am what I am.
I like what I like and I don’t give a shyte what the mob thinks.
Thought you knew that. :wink:

1 Like

I’m with you there (I also have Nessun Dorma on my play list) but N Sedaka is going way too far.

Curiously, what does Nessun Dorma mean?

Let no one sleep :slight_smile:

Interesting.

Hey Perce, good to see you too.
Here’s my point. On Bomberblitz if I said I liked boys instead of girls (which I don’t) no one would dare poke fun at me. But if I say I like Neil Sedaka I’m fair game. How is that consistent? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to get your old user name back and am thinking about starting a petition.

1 Like

The problem with petitions is that you may not get the desired response.

It’s a risk worth taking.

Did you forget to change usernames?

2 Likes

VD was long before your time BSD, long time reader or did you have a previous account? :thinking:

This. :+1: 17 (?) odd years now. God help me. :smile:

1 Like

I didn’t know you could change your username.

I thought @Mendozaaaa stripped you of it as an act of retribution.

It’s possible.

Safe bet he won’t be signing the petition.

1 Like

I’m OK with Vinnie D :slight_smile:

VD Sucks was one of the all time great nom-de-plumes. What other parts of your identity are you prepared to give up without challenge?

Well, to be honest, way way back in the beginning, a Blitzer (can’t remember who) said “Actually VD burns.” :rofl:
And, you know, he was right. And as I said in another post today “It takes a big person to admit when they’re wrong.” So, I guess you could say that by staying Vinnie D I’m being true to my principles. :wink:

Bet that was Bomberman007. He was too polite to say ‘sucks’.

He’d be a qualified accountant by now. Based only upon my observations of him on this site, I get the feeling that he is perfectly suited to a life in accountancy.

1 Like