A Team Full of Swingmen. Why?

So apparently were moving Dempsey up forward now.

why are we constantly trying to move all our players up and down the ground when we should be working on their game in their current position? is this going to hurt these players in the long term?

why are we constantly trying to move all our players up and down the ground when we should be working on their game in their current position? is this going to hurt these players in the long term?

he was playing so well in his old role too

Have a look at Hawthorn mate constantly changing there mid’s around to confuse the opp. I think its fwd thinking a great thing. What a nightmare for a op coach when you cant plan your match-ups during the week. Short term it may hurt the team a little but long term I think its a very good move. We are not the only team doing it either.

Watch the Bulldogs game today?
That’s where footy is nowadays.

Nothing new.
Rotate off the bench,
Rotate through the middle
Rotate through the forward line.

Rotation has been around a long long time. Ruckmen and rovers used to rest in the forward pockets, sometimes in a back pocket. ( rotate)
Thats going back over 50 years ago.

Utility players have been used for decades . Sheedy himself moved players regularly in the 80s, and 90s he was legendary for it.

“THIS IS SHEEDY’S PREMIERSHIP!”

Older out of form player tried in different role to try and prolong career and find form. Key position players moved forward/back to try and fill another key position gap.

Stop the presses, no one has ever done this before. We must be on the verge of ruining not only them but any children they have.

A Team Full of Swingmen. Why?

A’s)
1.Because it’s a really good thing to have,
2. Far preferable to a team of players that can’t be moved.
3. The better teams are exactly that.

A better question is, why ask this question?

A team full of wingmen wouldn’t be a bad idea. Sure you’d get done in the ruck, and some of the wingmen might get monstered by tall KPPs, but wowee, how fast would we be? When the ball hits the deck we’d run rings around those bigger guys.

Oh, swingmen. Sorry.

Have a look at Hawthorn mate constantly changing there mid's around to confuse the opp. I think its fwd thinking a great thing. What a nightmare for a op coach when you cant plan your match-ups during the week. Short term it may hurt the team a little but long term I think its a very good move. We are not the only team doing it either.
difference is hawthorns players are/were and are still playing great footy in their designated positions. Different situations, and the only one who fits your comparison from Hawthorn is Burgoyne, and he is rarely moved out of the backline cos he is playing badly, it's to use his experience and ball use in other positions.

Dempsey is all bar out the door as a backman, it’s a last ditch effort to save his career or at least should be.

Hawthorn does it cos they can, we are doing it cos we HAVE to, big difference.

I’m more interested to see how a forward line with 3 x 190cm speedsters hitting up and getting in behind works works out

Guys that can kick and mark and hand ball. Why?

■■■■ at their old role or their talents is useful at the other end.

That’s probably why.

I'm more interested to see how a forward line with 3 x 190cm speedsters hitting up and getting in behind work s works out

Maybe we should get a team full of AFL players.