Aberfeldie goes ape

From this week‘s Moonee Valley Leader. Some names of interest in red.

Abers swoop on Kyle Reimers

FORMER PRODIGIOUS ESSENDON TALENT TIPPED TO HAVE A MASSIVE IMPACT IN THE EDFL

KYLE Reimers has landed at Aberfeldie.

The former Essendon forward made his first appearance at Abers training last Tuesday, catching many by surprise after he had been expected to sign with reigning premier Greenvale.

Reimers had trained with the Jets pre-Christmas and new coach Adam McPhee had told the Leader just days earlier that the two parties remained in talks as they looked to sort out a deal.

But arch rival Aberfeldie, runners-up to Greenvale in last year‘s grand final, swooped in to secure yet another big-name recruit for the season 2014.

Abers football director Anthony Daniher said it was an exciting signing for the club, the fact coach Mal Michael had played with Reimers at Essendon helping get the deal over the line.

“Kyle was always exciting to watch when he was playing for Essendon because there was a bit of an x-factor about him,” Daniher said.

“Now it‘s just a matter of him gelling in with our team and fitting in with Mal‘s plans around the structure that he needs to play within. I have no doubt he‘ll show the ability and flare that he‘s got.”

The 25-year-old comes to the club from West Australian Football League outfit Perth, where he spent 2013 after being delisted by the Bombers in 2012 after a 60game AFL career that spanned six seasons.

Reimers‘ signing caps off a big few months for Aberfeldie on the recruiting front, the club having also signed three other former AFL-listed players in Geelong ruckman Mark Blake and Essendon pair Luke Davis and Darcy Daniher.

Blake had been training with Aberfeldie but was expected to continue playing bush footy with Goulburn Valley Football League side Mooroopna before heavy lobbying from Michael and Abers president John Larkins saw him sign on.

The 28-year-old will fill the voids left by David Fanning, who is moving back to VFL football, and fellow ruckman Ned Daniher, who is taking a year off to study overseas.

Other key losses for Aberfeldie include The Great ZO‘B (Brisbane), David Fahey (Williamstown), Daniel Connors (Port Melbourne) and Brayden Norris (Werribee).
But the ins list includes not only the four ex-AFL players but also 2012 Essendon District Football League ■■■■ Reynolds Medallist Mark Lynch and 2013 Heidelberg teammate Lance Oswald.

“We‘ve probably had more change than we would have liked,” Daniher said.

“But we‘re delighted that a significant amount of the change has been created by players going onto higher levels.

“We‘ve got a brilliant group of under-18s coming through and we‘re really conscious of that and we‘ll create that pathway.

“But to support them in their development we had to try and fill some of those spots so they weren‘t exposed too early.”

Aberfeldie will tackle Greenvale on April 5.

Oh my Lawd. Return of the Bulldog.

Brave boy showing his face in the Northern suburbs after that tell all interview with Damo Barrett...

McVeigh was right!!

Oh my Lawd. Return of the Bulldog.

Brave boy showing his face in the Northern suburbs after that tell all interview with Damo Barrett...

I did post a status a while ago saying refiners was battening down at riverside golf course at a birthday I was djing at he's been here for a while

STEP 1 He says fark you

STEP 2 He farks you

Would have been handy against the Suns.

He's a dimwit but I still like him.  Not everyone is blessed with intelligence, it's not his fault.

REIMDOG

Aren't Greenvale also Jets? Stupid EDFL...

Aren't Greenvale also Jets? Stupid EDFL...

I think you might have misread it. Greenvale are the Jets, Aberfeldie the Gorillas, but no-one except Josh Toy calls them that from what I've heard.

They said Reimers trained with Greenvale pre-Christmas.

Will be watching more EDFL this year. Will be interesting to see if he carries on like a flog in amateur league matches as well.

Good to see Darcy still having a crack.

Wonder if theres even a slight chance he could claw his way back up the ranks to have another shot?

He's a dimwit but I still like him.  Not everyone is blessed with intelligence, it's not his fault.

You like the dumb ■■■■ who ensured the supplement scandal and club were painted in a terrible light before any type of investigation was done? 

On your own there, absolute ■■■■■■. Always was.

He's alright imo. Just a guy not probably suited to the strict regimen of a football club.

Reimers was a ■■■■ in a bigger game. With our without him the ■■■■ was still gonna hit the fan regarding the 'supplements' scandal..... 

When he turned down Carlton’s offer, he had me at No.

Good to see Darcy still having a crack.

Wonder if theres even a slight chance he could claw his way back up the ranks to have another shot?

No