Adam Tomlinson

Not done enough for my liking to warrant giving up 2 2nd rounders, let alone 1. We got Pick 25 for Melksham who has at least played 100 games…

Pick 25 and next yrs 2nd rnd

Get 10.

Get Rioli.

Would rather us do this…

Just don’t think Tomlinson is worth what we’d need to give up to get him. Cheap or move on.

Tommo.

Be great to have a Tommo in the side.

Not sure on this one. Would we be better off looking at Talia (if he decides he'd like to come to us) and Mitch Brown? Talia should be available as a DFA and Mitch Brown we should be able to secure with our pick in the 50s. That would be 2 ready made players for either end that won't cost a whole lot both in salary and what we'd have to give up to get them on board, Talia for CHB and Brown potentially forward. I hope we can preserve our 2nd rounders.

I have a feeling that in this draft Mitch Brown won’t make it much further than the late 30’s early 40’s if the recruiters are as skeptical of the depth of talent as we keep hearing. He is ready to go and can play at either end.

Not sure on this one. Would we be better off looking at Talia (if he decides he'd like to come to us) and Mitch Brown? Talia should be available as a DFA and Mitch Brown we should be able to secure with our pick in the 50s. That would be 2 ready made players for either end that won't cost a whole lot both in salary and what we'd have to give up to get them on board, Talia for CHB and Brown potentially forward. I hope we can preserve our 2nd rounders.

I have a feeling that in this draft Mitch Brown won’t make it much further than the late 30’s early 40’s if the recruiters are as skeptical of the depth of talent as we keep hearing. He is ready to go and can play at either end.

If so I’d hope we can try and upgrade 57 for a pick in that range to maximise our chances to get him. I think he can play, look at home at CHB in the NAB Challenge but can also play in attack.

Rate Tomlinson over Talia any day of the week, plus Tomlinson can play forward (and one that suits alongside Daniher) that Talia can’t.

With Brown I think at AFL he’ll be more of a defender than forward but could work only issue there as Houli_Dooley pointed out is I don’t think we have the draft pick to get him. If we got either M.Brown or Tomlinson I’d be happy but I’d rather trade in Tomlinson and guarantee to get a KPP (who I rate him higher than M.Brown) than risking getting neither in the draft.

Could the trade be as simple as Pick 5 for Pick 6 and Tomlinson?

i dont think so

If so I’d hope we can try and upgrade 57 for a pick in that range to maximise our chances to get him. I think he can play, look at home at CHB in the NAB Challenge but can also play in attack.

Yes I would be very pleased if we can somehow upgrade that pick 57 to a late 30’s early 40’s pick. Do your thing Disco.

No basis of inside info for this trade but how about something like this which helps Carlton / Richmond with Yarran deal too. Give up Pick 5, 25, 57 and get back 8, 19 & 52. Then pass on 19 & 52 to GWS for Tomlinson. For us is 5, 25, 57 for Pick 8 & Tomlinson.

We end up with 4, 8, 24, 80 & Tomlinson (a ready made KPP)
Francis, Milera/Balic/Mathieson, Rioli, Pick 80 & Tomlinson.

No to helping fark Carlton and Ninthmond.

Deal is either picks 24 and 25 for pick 10 OR picks 24 and 25 for Tomilinson.

Could the trade be as simple as Pick 5 for Pick 6 and Tomlinson?

Gold Coast has pick 6 not GWS would have to be pick 10 in this scenario.

Yes I would be very pleased if we can somehow upgrade that pick 57 to a late 30’s early 40’s pick. Do your thing Disco.

Would also love this to make sure we get Mitch Brown, but don’t think a deal like so is on the cards.

No basis of inside info for this trade but how about something like this which helps Carlton / Richmond with Yarran deal too. Give up Pick 5, 25, 57 and get back 8, 19 & 52. Then pass on 19 & 52 to GWS for Tomlinson. For us is 5, 25, 57 for Pick 8 & Tomlinson.

We end up with 4, 8, 24, 80 & Tomlinson (a ready made KPP)
Francis, Milera/Balic/Mathieson, Rioli, Pick 80 & Tomlinson.

No to helping fark Carlton and Ninthmond.

Deal is either picks 24 and 25 for pick 10 OR picks 24 and 25 for Tomilinson.

The good clubs don’t care if they happen to help other teams get a deal done if they also get what they want! It’s time we learnt to stop trading angry and trade smart. Anyway fair enough if you don’t like the trade don’t think many would but I think its a good one. But I’ve rated Tomlinson for a while now.

Another option is pick 24 & our 2nd rounder next year but that stuffs up O’Meara trade for next year.

Interesting.

Whatever Cartlton is trying we can surely trump them. Hope Rich continue to refuse on pick 12 anyway though.

Tomlinson ideal CHF given his tank. Would complement JD and resting ruck well.

Interesting.

Whatever Cartlton is trying we can surely trump them.

Carlton has 20/21. But, I’d surprised if they got it done given they’ve already had a major transaction with GWS this week.

Interesting.

Carlton has 20/21. But, I’d surprised if they got it done given they’ve already had a major transaction with GWS this week.

Yeah but we have 5 and if we planned on taking a tall fwd with that anyway. Why not offer it for Tomlinson and 10 for example, perhaps with next yrs 2nd rnd thrown in.

Interesting.

Yeah but we have 5 and if we planned on taking a tall fwd with that anyway. Why not offer it for Tomlinson and 10 for example, perhaps with next yrs 2nd rnd thrown in.

If nothing else, it would be pretty funny to see st kilda’s reaction. We spend 2 weeks saying “pick 5 or bust” then trade it out.

What would be funnier is Carlton missing out twice on kpp. First when they thought they had Carlisle a done deal and now when they thought they had Tomlinson a done deal.

They do have Liam Jones though still…

Disco is ON this week! I have faith.

Picks 24, 25 and next years 2nd rounder for pick 10 and Tomlinson.

Make. It. Happen.