Adelaide Review thread - they got juggernauted

Yep. They should throw him in the centre more regularly, because when they do something always happens. I still think that he’s going to end up being the explosive midfielder we’ve all been crying out for,

Yesssssss!

3 Likes

Nope. Keep doing it.

10 Likes

Breakout game for Langford.

1 Like

Yes, they lost a player to injury in the last quarter.

Effectively when we were playing with an even number of players we were winning.

Good to see that Saad and Smith were not overwhelmed to be playing in front of crowds of 1,000 times more people and 10,000 times more passion than they have seen in their careers thus far.

6 Likes

Just posted this in the Saad thread:

18 Likes

Victory Kebab!

Food tastes better when Essendon is winning.

4 Likes

Remonstrates a fair tackle and within a minute lines him up…

14 Likes

I am still coming to terms with what I just witnessed. Just awesome. And completely unexpected from the position we were in late.

One thing I am reasonably certain - Andy McGrath is going to become our best player quicker than we realise.

9 Likes

I’m watching the replay. I need to go to bed. Replay. Bed. Replay. Bed.

Replay wins, just like Essendon did.

28 Likes

Very positive signs throughout for mine, even half-way through the third term there was enough to be happy with, despite what the match thread would have you believe.

Hurley reading it like a charm, dropped a few as he always does fresh from a spell but like JD, showed enough to suggest he’s going to go full beast mode regularly.

Langford magnificent I thought despite the odd scrubbed kick and did a lot to alleviate my concerns about an inside mids.

Heppell is back. Freakshow. Dare I say… he was Hird like roaming through the middle at times.

Stewart promising first-up, looks to have taken that next half a step.

Hooker massive when we needed him once again. Big game player. On that, Hartley was very good and Brown similar. Yes better opponents may have worked them over more but both marked the ball well and got some good fists in, about as much as you could ask.

Parish and McGrath. Beautiful footballers to watch, like Stewart I’ve got no doubt they’ve gone up a gear, just a matter of how much.

Tippa was off for the first half I thought but willed himself and the side back into that contest with a string of huge efforts early in the fourth term. Not 5 running bounces or snaps from the pocket, just gut running, making a contest and chasing like mad. Sensational.

Bellchambers also did exactly what we needed him to do. Fingers crossed he stays on the park because he’s theoretical in that perfect bracket for a ruckman.

Will get a few beers into me after work and be back for more.

11 Likes

Will the post-game press conference be uploaded soon or should i go to bed?

Anyone have a link?

DAT CROWD IN THE 4TH

So good to be there, never hear etihad shake like that and you could see it got the lads hyped up

8 Likes

The crowd was the loudest I have experienced in years.

Replay not doing it justice.

3 Likes

And that noise was with the roof open!

1 Like

My voice is absolutely stuffed. What a great night for the club. Goddard, Heppell, Zaharakis, McGrath all exceptional. Hooker and Stewart gave Joe great support and competed all night. Losing Zach early had me very worried, but that last quarter is the best footy we have played in a long time. Up the dons.

1 Like

Same here, my voice is gone

Bellchambers was awesome tonight.

1 Like

Langford = GUN.

What people need to realise is that the other side of the “he takes too long to get rid of it” coin is when he collected the ground ball and whilst 99% of players would look up and shovel it out to the first person they see, he straightened up, moved through traffic, dished off to Goddard who lasered to Joe. Awesome.

The main thing I thought was interesting today? I wonder if the team and the display we just saw - and I know it’s only one win - just rendered Colyer Myers and Baguley as the “old Essendon.” I know that it’s a long season and I don’t doubt that all three of them will almost certainly be called upon this season but after seeing what I saw, I know who I’d be prioritising if say Lav and Myers were both just made available for next week.

Anyone else think we seemed to tire more than the Crows late? Particularly in the third? Perhaps just because they controlled the footy so much more.

1 Like

Wanted to do the same, but came home to my 2nd fried modem in 2 months.

Precious little flowers don’t seem to like blackouts, … at all.

1 Like