Adelaide Review thread - they got juggernauted

Are they redeemable in Blitz panic dollars?

2 Likes

The grit that the side showed to find a way to win after so many unforced errors/turnovers, burning the ball on a regular basis into the F50 for the first three qtrs and getting murdered at the stoppages too for most of the night was impressive.

When the Crows got ahead by 19 pts late in the third term I thought that our boys were looking pretty cooked, in particular the mids. I was expecting us to go on and concede 7-10 unanswered goals at one stage.

That this didn’t occur and players like Green, Begley, Stringer and Tippa contributed immensely after quiet games up to three qtr time to the win shows a level of maturity that this list has struggled to produce before.

Also to play ugly for most of the game,hang in there and then play exhilarating football in the last qtr to storm home and win it was just stunning.

Looking forward to an 1993-like roller coaster ride for the rest of the season.

1 Like

I dont think Douglas is a carnt. He was playing footy and caught out in a line ball technicality that any player including ours can at any time in any game. We all love it, and sometimes they fall foul of the rules. I sau T Bell really get into some tackles earlier in the game. It’s a fine line. we dont want it to stop I dont think

1 Like

How did Matty Dea’s opponent play? The backline does look 1 player too big and might be better balanced with bags or mcneice. Begley had the last 3 shots for the game, but was fairly quiet before that. Someone has to make way for myers when he’s ready. Begs looks like the type of player who could develop quickly off a 15-20 game base.

By definition, Adelaide are a good side. Finished 2nd last year unless I’m mistaken.
We won. Yes, there are issues, but I’ll take the win.

The screen and audio last night was perhaps the least offensive it has been for a very long time. Few ads, few repetitive gimmicks, almost fit an entire Midnight Oil song in during three quarter time.

For the kind of people who want a frame by frame of the bump, here you go

Last frame before contact

First frame of contact

Second frame of contact

Third frame of contact

You can argue the brunt of the force from his shoulder isn’t to the head, but at the very least Douglas’ opposite arm came around and hit Merrett clear in the face. I reckon that’s what made his mouth bleed.

12 Likes

Douglas is a jerk. Don’t need freeze frames to work that out.

10 Likes

Actually, five frames later you can see “I’m a jerk” tattooed on his inner bicep. Conclusive.

6 Likes

Did you notice the blood coming out of Zerret’s mouth?

2 Likes

They had to otherwise a standard would have been set and you’d see retaliation bumps on the rise, not fair ones, dodgy dangerous ones like that ■■■■ from the kangas that i’ve already forgotton the name of and soon every one else will too

Agreed, but should have been more than a week. 2-3 minimum.

1 Like

What’s that got to do with what I said

Watching the replay all I can think is how much better can this team get with ORRRAAAZZZIOO and Zerrett for a full game

Also Brown’s game was better than Hartley’s last 10, but Hartley’s game was also better than Hartley’s last 10.

7 Likes

Here is what you said:

I don’t think Douglas should go. He got him square half way up the bicep. Wasn’t a bit high. I accept that he might have made contact with the head by virtue of the sheer force of his bump rattling the body/head of Zach and maybe even whipping his head into Douglas. Is that Douglas’ fault though? Can you not bump HARD anymore?

I asked whether you noticed he bleeding from the mouth. I asked that, because what I see is that 1st contact is between Douglas’s elbow, and Zerret’s mouth.

Further to that - the rules are fairly clear on this. If you choose to bump - and make high contact - regardless on whether you intended to or not - you are responsible, and liable.

So in answer to your question ‘what has this to do with what I said’ - it has several things to do with it. The location of contact and/or the ‘inadvertent’ nature of it. In your one paragraph, you mention both - and rather confusingly, this line: Wasn’t a bit high. I accept that he might have made contact with the head

5 Likes

There were several wins in 2013 that were considerably tougher, against better opponents

4 Likes

Up to half time in the replay and the thing that impresses me so far the most is the 1%.

Good teams do the little things that add up to victories even when things appear to be going against you.

Very good signs if they keep that up!

10 Likes

Yep.
And all these ‘1%-ers’ from both sides is what leads to the drop in disposal efficiency. They are directly opposed.

1 Like

I’m glad that someone else can confirm that happened, and that I wasn’t imagining it.

4 Likes

TBH I reckon a week’s about right.

1 Like