Adidas No More - ISC Apparel partner from 2017

Let the guessing game begin.

Essendon Football Club is excited to announce a new partnership and apparel program from 2017.

The new program, to be officially launched mid-season, includes a new long term partnership that is set to be the largest apparel partnership in AFL history and the biggest in Australian sport.

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell said the long-term deal would create a step change in the apparel category.

“This is a significant partnership and a very exciting and innovative apparel model for the future,” Campbell said.

“The partnership is a seven year deal with a leading apparel brand that will continue to provide our players with high performance on-field garments and our members and supporters with an extensive merchandise range reflecting great quality and global trends.

“As part of the new apparel program, the Club will explore partnerships in new categories.”

adidas and Essendon will not extend their partnership beyond the 2016 season.

“We would like to acknowledge adidas for partnering with the Club over the past 8 years,” Campbell said.

“There have been many highlights and innovations during our partnership with adidas including the TAC Seatbelt Guernsey, ANZAC Day Guernsey and our Heritage Guernsey.”

“On behalf of everyone at the Essendon Football Club, we would like to thank adidas for a great partnership”

Kmart?

So which sweatshop is getting our business?

ISC

'In a seven-year deal that will help turn the tide at the troubled club, apparel giant ISC will replace adidas in a sponsorship worth $1 million a season.

Essendon’s co-major partner Kia has also recommitted for two more years in a $3 million deal.’

From the Hun

Damn I actually like the Adidas stuff

Don’t all the poor, debt ridden, AFL handout controlled teams have ISC as their apparel sponsors?

Uh oh!

All pro or 1/2 miler

Can’t wait for the Star Wars themed playing tops.

Why not under armour they are a global brand.

Well that fkn sucks. Adidas is good. ISC is terrible. Dont they sponsor garbage clubs like the saints? YIKES

Will they have anything to do with the pyjamas?

“There have been many highlights and innovations during our partnership with adidas including the TAC Seatbelt Guernsey, ANZAC Day Guernsey and our Heritage Guernsey.”

Innovations, huh?

Do ISC do Richmond’s jumper? It is ■■■■.

Hopefully we’ve just sucked up all the $$$ from the minnow clubs and they fold

Do ISC do Richmond's jumper? It is ■■■■.

At least they’ve got a proper sash, we’ve either had droopy or a stripe the past 7 years.

Sounds awesome!

“The new program, to be officially launched mid-season, includes a new long term partnership that is set to be the largest apparel partnership in AFL history and the biggest in Australian sport.”

Who cares about what brand it is, this is a great get for us. Bombers back bigger and better.

I believe ISC are involved with (off the top of my head)

Freo
Geelong
Sydney
St.Kilda
GWS

If it is: “set to be the largest apparel partnership in AFL history and the biggest in Australian sport.”

Then I doubt it’d be ISC.

Who is bigger than Adidas? Nike? Under Armor?

Nike is bigger, I think under armor are Rebel exclusive? Whoever got the deal must have a lot of coin to throw at them.

If they are talking about entering new markets/categories I wouldn’t have thought ISC but who knows.

Ideally I’d like EFC to have a point of difference to other clubs, not just the same crap with a different logo.

ISC is ■■■■■■■ trash. Hopefully they are giving us a bit of dough and we haven’t had to take a haircut based on recent events.