Besides money is there a reason or a need for the jumper design changes so often?
Well with regards to our on field jumper, there should be NO reason, and at the end of the day, its up to Essendon to enforce that.
Its not that hard to have concrete parameters in place with regards to our simple bold jumper with the sacred Sash.
Put this in the constitution…
- Sash Always full over the shoulder.
- Sash Always upper hip side joining front and back.
- Join the above 2 points of the sash tightly across the chest.
- Red and black.
With regards to much less important training jumpers…
- Either colour variations of the on-field jumper (like Riolio posted earlier)
- Slap a large version of the Essendon jet fighter plane triangle logo on the front, with colour variations around the rest of the jumper.
P.S. Because of the saga, we have a completely different board in place, and these guys weren’t around in 2009 when they got the slap in the face, so maybe there is some ignorant apathy again. I’m still banking on the original official photo for the on-field jumper, and that looks o.k, apart from not going full over the shoulder.