Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

A 50% off Jackets sale at Myers?

2 Likes

Well then, how exciting could it actually be? We’ve poached Sydney’s head of trading?

A McGrath 5 year extension?

It must be a long term extension for a young gun or it’s not player related at all

1 Like

Zaka back in?

Some OS gun wants to sign with us as an international rookie?

Shame

Hirdy set to replace Whoosha in 2018.

2 Likes

My guess…
We’ll be appointing a full time goal kicking coach.
With our luck, we’ll aim for Matthew Lloyd and end up with Anthony Rocca.

Our drafting since 2007 has been much better than most

Our list management has been problematic but there are reasons for that

Drafting alone netted us a team that looks something like:

B McGrath (2016) Carlisle* (2009) Baguley (2011)
HB Hibberd* (2010) Hurley (2008) McKenna (2013)
C Zaharakis (2008) Heppell (2010) Colyer (2009)
HF Fantasia (2013) Daniher (2010) Langford (2015)
F Walla (2013) Hooker (2007) crameri (2010)
R Bellcho (2009) Zerrett (2013) Parish (2016)
Int from Laverde (2015) melksham
(2009) Gleeson (2012) Jenkins* (2010) Francis (2016) Myers (2007)

1 Like

Patty Miils must have decided to join our rookie B list for $60k/annum or something…

Edit: And Bogut is going to bolster our ruck stocks.

Hmmmmmm…

Big recruiting news but not related to trading or FA? How else do you recruit someone outside of the draft?

We’re all thinking it so I may as well ask.

Does India’s Own have a brother?

2 Likes

WOMENS TEAM

Oh

Boring

1 Like

Blake Caracella is joining our coaching staff?

I was asked for gun mids who’d changed clubs. I don’t care if you don’t want to include mids who changed clubs to clubs you don’t want to include on the list because it makes your position weaker. You can’t just ignore the realities of trading to suit your agenda. Yes, having a player go back to his home state is probably easier than getting him to move interstate but its just moronic to suggest we only have a crack at kids born is Essendon. The vast majority of kids drafted every year are from Vic, the fact we can’t entice anything back from interstate is again a failure of Dodoro’s not yet another excuse you throw up for failure.

Tyson was pick 3, 2 years before trading FFS, How can you possibly even suggest that’s not a big trade, its like saying if somebody poached Parish this year its not a big loss or if we had of landed OMeara, me saying he’s not a big fish. As for saying oh well these guys don’t count because they went to a better team than ours - no shyte - they went to clubs who are better than us because they managed their list better. Besides all that you’ve moved the frigging goal posts again - the original deflections was that more half of them aren’t mids. My list wasn’t even concise anyways & was just off the top of my head. How about Caddy Deledio, Bennell, Anderson, Christenson, Thomas, Wellingham - if you don’t want to include guys who came good then you have to at least include they guys who were highly rated when traded or let me guess you expect it both ways right?

As for your 1st response - yes compare us to Hawthorn & Collingwood who traded for 1st round draft picks. They didn’t just sit on their bums hoping for luck they actively changed their position & got advantage doing that. maybe you simply don’t understand what other teams have done. Yes we were unlucky the rules changed in 2006 which would have got us another top pick but as it was we still had a great draft position & stuffed it. You have all these what ifs but you just seem incapable of looking at what actually happened. You can’t simply say if we’d had more top draft picks we’d be ok because it ignores the reality that we stuffed up so many top picks anyway. We needed a better shooter, not more shots.

As for the Dogs lets have a look at their flag side - yep there’s 4 top 10 draft picks in that team (if you include Boyd) and 1 of those picks was what they got for Ward. We have 8 top 10 draft picks on our list if you include Goddard. You also do realise that the dogs have not had the same list manager since 1999 right - you do factor in these things don’t you? McCartney took over as list manager in 2012. In the 10 drafts prior to their flag they had 44 draft picks (not including rookie elevations). Using the AFL formula for draft values they spent 25916 points over those picks. Over the same period we had 43 picks & that’s including the 2 years of draft sanctions where we only had 2 picks each year. Over the same period we spent 32,226 points. They also played in 16 finals winning 8 during that period where we didn’t win a single 1. So I think that pretty clearly highlights that its no more than fantasy to suggest the Dogs somehow had opportunities we didn’t. Yes they like us burnt some good draft picks in the early 2000’s (Ray, Walsh, Power, Faulkner) but they didn’t simply keep the same guy making the same mistakes.

Maybe you should do the same exercise - I think you might be surprised how our opportunities stack against the rest of the league.

2 Likes

I too am confused.

Maybe he convinced martin to stay or omeara announces retirement.

Can I just clarify this - are you suggesting Dodoro has performed in the top 5 for list management, drafting, trading etc over his career? I just need to know. If you rank his performance anywhere near that I have to ask if you can give me an examples of others who’s performed worse in your opinion.