Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Not really. I’m sure I’ve read things in the past, but I’ve only started recording key articles in the last 12 months.

The below was posted in the Draft watch thread. I’ve bolded a number of relevant sections. The key takeaways for mine are:

1. This matters. And given the science, if one club is behind (or in front) of others, it will produce different results between clubs.
  2. For soft-tissue injuries, occurrence increases the chances of reoccurrence. Which means if you stuff it up for one period of time, logically that would imply it has long term consequences.
  3. The bit on Freo highlights that team actions, including pre-season actions, impacts soft-tissue injury occurrence.
  4. Potentially the guy who was #2 or #1 (Thompson) for four years didn’t rate this stuff. Which happened to coincide with the period we had some shocking soft-tissue issues.

@Laverde2Langford, any thoughts on the discussion on whether it is reasonable due to outside or internal reasons that club’s injury performances will vary across a large sample size? Any thoughts on Essendon’s injury performances?

1 Like