Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

We should be trying them out atleast. If they are no good delist them

1 Like

I’ll give you the forward line.

The backline is ■■■■■■■ terrible lol.

And the midfield, as it has been for 15 years, is nearly the worst in the comp.

Oh yeah and we have the worst rucks, just about.

But please continue with the positive appraisals of a team that is 2-5 and hasn’t achieved anything in its current guise.

1 Like

Agree, but they all had issues when we drafted them, those issues remain, and they are the types of things that exasperate our issues

When you have Gleeson out, McGrath moved away, Kelly gone, Ambrose constantly injured as well and Tippa playing less down there, it is going to upset the balance, losing Oirish didn’t help either. Gleeson makes a huge difference to that setup imo.

You get Gleeson, Ambrose, Hurley, Hooker, Conor down there each week and then you see a decent backline structrure.

And cut that shyte out, there is nothing wrong with saying some of the positive things because they are REAL. Stop being an ■■■■ and address the issues.

Our side isn’t terrible, the coaching is.

And yes, I addressed that the midfield has problems, as it has had for years and this is where Dodoro has been getting it so badly wrong. We need pure inside midfield beats, not HBF turned into midfielders.

1 Like

Oh bullshit

What you don’t acknowledge is that that very backline (sans Hooker only) had very real issues keeping teams to low scores last year.

Our backline was and is crap. And it will be even worse next year when Goddard is gone and Mcgrath spends even less time there.

So we are left with a good forward line. Great, except it’s completely dysfunctional and our mids can’t kick it to them.

Forgive my pessimism but it’s a shambolic list and we desperately need new ideas from someone other than dodoro.

1 Like

Really?

One paced with disposal or decison making issues?

I watch a ■■■■ tonne of elite junior footy, and talent ID for another afl club, what I’m saying isn’t just hyperbole

1 Like

TRAITOR

Hey!

They knew where to find me

So you work for another AFL club?

And you’ve offered your services for free, every year for the last 7 years.

Just one rookie pick! Just one!

Not taken.

In a manor of speaking. I’m more freelancing, I have an ability in a particular area of social assessment and some in talent evaluation relative to that, that a club that’s not Essendon recently saw value in. I’ve been carving a niche for years, everyone here knows that.

1 Like

So you’re a “spotter”

Amazing the bloke got promoted hasn’t buit a list that can win finals or get close to a flag in over 10 years.

Kind of, I spot in a very specific way and then advise on how a transition to AFL might work for a particular type of player to best insure a successful transition to the lifestyle.

I’d like to think I work for the kids, not th club

3 Likes

So Dodoro realised last trade period that he hasn’t got a clue how to pick kids. He went to Woosha and said I have no idea so why don’t we give up our picks for 3 tried players

And there we have it. The three S’s

■■■■ ■■■■■■■ and shittiest

Smith has been ok

Totally disagree. When your midfield leaks like a sieve, as ours does, no backline could stop the opposition. Even the best backlines in the league require their midfield to stop the ball or get back and help. Ours doesn’t run back, ever. We miss a Stanton who would gut run the length of the ground to ensure he got back to help.

Our backline is perfectly serviceable, it is the midfield that is our issues.

2 Likes

Spot on