Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

I think they’ll rue the Dogs prelim for a decade.

Found ones w Guelfi and Ridley it’s safe to say. If he can find a gun inside mid at the next draft then you’d safely say he’s killed it the past few years.

1 Like

No chance. You’ll just find something else to nag us about.

5 Likes

Has something against drafting Rioli’s.

A total of 1 Jacket was worn by the Dodo yesterday at an under 18s practise match, big blue puffy one to be fair so would have had the volume of about 3 haha Some mids really stood out on the day, one in particular I hope we are looking at very closely.

1 Like

Care to share any further information?

Row, row, row your boat?

1 Like

And Ryan Griffen…

Whoever built the dees midfield, HIRE THAT MAN

2 Likes

He might just have witnessed the top 3 midfielders in this draft. Hatley,Smith and Caldwell the others that could compete with those 3. No matter where our first pick comes I’m confident we can get a quality mid, whether that’s an inside bull though is the thing.

1 Like

Nek minut, best available mentality and pick up a full fwd…

While they deserve applause for trading up to get Oliver

They also received pick 3 as compo for James Frawley which enabled them to get Petracca and Brayshaw

Also being ■■■■ for so long enabled them to get Viney for a second round pick as a father son

To me that’s pretty handy and not a luxury received by many clubs

4 Likes

Considering they missed Wines who was Viney’s close mate for Toumpas as well they have turned that around.

Moving up to get Oliver probably due to the Wines decision in their minds.

Hmm, a lot of activity while I was overseas!

If true, then that’s an indictment on the board and CEO. Surely recruitment in this day and age should be one of the best funded divisions???

We had a bottom 4 midfield from 1997 to 2004?

(and yes, I know a chunk of that he inherited, but still)

We got anyone that could shed light on the current state of our recruiting department? has it been expanded? or are we contracting more regional/remote scouts?

after the small but somewhat good success of the guelfi, would love to see us bring 1 or 2 more hungry as hell state leaguers in the upcoming draft. maybe a @westozziebomber or @anon71769209 favourite schloithe or @aceman favourite that dude from sanfl who i’ve forgotten his name?

Leery about replying, given our history, but will give it a go! :wink:

As to your general point on will out & out quality shine through, and that you can’t can turn rubbish into class, I generally agree. The development coaches need something to work with. On the talent side, I would say some talents can still fail, especially if injury, off-field issues impact. On the specific players, I didn’t watch anywhere near enough of Fark Carlton to know if Bootsma/Lucas/Boekhurst etc. had any actual talent! :slight_smile:

For us, I think injury had a big impact on both Winders and Myers, who if they’d achieved their potential would have made a big difference (IMO). I also think Melksham played as a more insidish mid would have done better than he has. But we’ve argued over those before, so I don’t expect us to reach agreement.

lol

Adelaide Crows - last years runner up
Geelong - finished 2nd on the ladder 2017 H&A
GWS - finished 4th 2017 H&A and played Prelim Final
Port - finished 5th 2017 H&A

Yep 2 average teams right there in that lot.

3 Likes

Yep, cause this year’s form is irrelevant.

It was nice of the boys to help push Dodoro’s second rounder up the queue this week. I bet he’s chuffed