Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Get Sydneys’ recruiter every time one of thier players makes a debut they look like ready made footballers.

1 Like

The German war machine actually won a lot of key battles so rating it is not by any means a stretch. Rating Dodoro top 3, that’s next level whacko so yeah, I’d consider anyone trying, however badly, to rate our recruiting & list management over the last 20 years as anywhere near the best has to be seen as adoring. A more apt analogy is Dodoro is more like the French War Machine in WW2.

Except of course you said I adored him, and are now shifting the goal posts.

And except that’s not what I said. Plenty of recruiters I rated over the last two decades have retired. I rated him near the best of the current teams, recognising some are unknowns yet.

1 Like

Except of course your comprehension skills are worse than your logic. I never said you adored him, Rossoneri asked who’s been adoring him & I stated that you had rated him top 3. I never said current past or future I was simply using your own words as an example of an adoring assessment. Now I can understand you are obviously trying to distance yourself from such nonsense comments but you clearly made no distinction of time hence why we’ve discussed you somehow not rating Geelong’s recruitment even though Wells has been around longer that Dodoro .

Oh come on. Someone says “who adores him”, you put up my name, but you weren’t saying I adored him. Right.

And I did talk about time, and Hines. Maybe you should go back and read what I wrote?

1 Like

In 2-3 years we’re going to need to cover Hooker, Hurley & Goddard.

I bet we’re looking at a KPP for our first round pick, with this in mind.

1 Like

Nothing sure. This year we will pick up a KPP with pick 5 and that’s how dodoro will justify it

Thought he was going top 3 and couldn’t let him pass.

Oh come on somebody asks who’s adoring him & I point out that you rate him top 3 but you then try to play semantics stating you’ve never stated you adore him & I then point out that I never said you stated you adored him but that your assessments of him have to be seen as adoring.

You don’t seem to know who you are comparing him to. You didn’t know Wright had been in charge at Hawthorn since 2010 & you still seem incapable of knowing who Stephen Wells is. Derek Hine was Collingwood’s list manager but has been sort of demoted to recruiting manager this year. Can we at least clarify do you rate Dodoro above him? Do you believe we recruited & manged our list better than Collingwood from 2003 - 2017? How exactly do you justify that position given it can’t possibly be based on onfield success? Wells has been at Geelong 20+ years so what time frame exactly do you rate Dododo’s performance as better than his? What about Wright, has Dodoro been better than him since 2010? Perhaps if you could at least give the parameters you want to work in then we can nail down the specifics. Here’s your chance, establish the goalposts you want to work with.

He has been good at times and poor at times across the journey but I do feel it’s time for some fresh ideas and by no means should he just have a job for life. Sorry Adrian but into the cannon with Woosha, Harvs and Skipworth you go. When my larger 2.1 version Cannon is complete I’ll be able to add Xav and Tanner to the mix

This man needs to draft or recruit some gut running, hard nosed midfielders who can win the ball.

The closest we have been to winning a final over the last 10 years was in 2014 and this was our midfield

Ryder,
Watson
Heppell
Hocking
Howlett
Stanton
Myers
Rotating through; Chapman, Goddard etc

FFS , look at that midfield. Looks like ■■■■, right?
They weren’t the most skillfull, but they were hard running and very hard players.

Look at Melbourne - they have a plethora of these type of players, jones, pettracca, viney, brayshaw, tyson, vince, lewis etc.

Obviously, myers is cooked and Heppell can’t do it all on his own.
Outside of that we have no one else.

For years we have had a ■■■■ midfield, and for years the issue never gets fixed.

1 Like

I think DoDo is a great clubman but needs his duties restricted/ moved sideways as others have alluded to here. I 'd restrict him to recruitment of AFL free agents and scour late bloomer senior talent (aged 20 - 26) from across the leagues. Leave the recruiting of mids maybe to someone who excelled themselves as a mid. Hello James???

We really need to move him on so another set of eyes can oversees the list management.

Throw money at the best 3 or 4 in the game.

Never been able draft players to compete in the way competition is being played or at least set the trend.

Sydney get thier recruiter.

In the past two drafts where we had high picks we were very unlucky that the top players were either midgets like in McGrath case or vanilla in Parish’s case.

Sometimes you can only take best available and hope they exceed their potential.

I think Dodoro has done pretty good at playing cling best available as a general rule comparative to our draft position.

I’m a firm believer that we would have taken Setterfield ahead of McGrath if he wasn’t tied to GWS, I’m still hopeful that McGrath will become a midfielder but he still as a few years to put the required size on

1 Like

Never is there a gun mid like Oliver,Wines etc at out first pick always these vanilla type players like Parish.

1 Like

Not the case this year, he will find a good midfielder with our first pick in this draft. The best talls will go top 5 and their aren’t any pure back flankers in the top 30 haha

2 Likes

Oliver went before Parish so not sure how you expected us to draft him?

I know just saying in general if there is one avaible at our pick i feel like he lets them slide past us.