Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Speaking of flankers…billings…

Noo

A few months back a number of us referred to some exciting recruiting news.

I wondered what the hold up was and must say I got a little bit confused myself about the kid I was talking about.

It is not Maurice rioli Jnr but brayden rioli brother of Daniel
Who has signed for our next gen academy.

24 Likes

Very quick
Left footer - ben can you provide anymore insight?

@benfti are you still with us?

Long played 2 games in a row, he’s in ICU recovering from a severe case of RSI.

2 Likes

hepp, merrett, mcgrath, smith, zaka, parish are a very good midfield.
langford & stringer going thru there in 2019 add the strength around the contest.
guelfi is more than just eye candy for heffsgirl as he has tremendous upside.
mutch colyer myers provide the depth
fantasia & tippa the extra class
laverde or begley might kick on next year.

we can draft another good young mid later this year.
we have rebuilt the midfield and it’s a good one.
congrats to jackets & co as they’ve done this whilst being robbed blind of 3 picks.

2 Likes

This is the kind of feel good story we are all in need of.

I can just imagine how red Eddie is gonna get when all the Longs and Riolis start filtering through our academy and dominating in the red and black. Makes my heart swoon.

2 Likes

Fantastic news. How old is he?

I can’t access this link (paywall), but seems to talk about him. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/one-island-eight-grand-finals-and-the-rioli-legend/news-story/20efdb3f6e402fca236f5df78232b99a

Found a better article I can read! He’s playing/played in the U16 carnival this year. Alongside his cousins Maurice Rioli and Jacob Long.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-09/two-riolis-and-a-long-to-play-for-nt-under16s

A couple of Anzac Day beatings is all it will take!

lol

1 Like

Whilst the thought of having a few players with some Tiwi flair scattered among the the choir and country boys of our AFL team is exciting. They idea of having 6+ young, talented and raw Tiwi Island boys trying to become AFL players by wreaking havoc and mayhem upon boring, stodgy and unwitting VFL players is, well, lets just say, bring tissues.

1 Like

So, Adrian Dodoro is talking pre-game to High Mark members. And guess who has come down with a viral infection and shouldn’t be out in public because it’s contagious? Me, that’s who! @#%!%!%

So anyone else at Blitz a High Marker and able to go along and see if he says anything at all interesting? If you are, and you want to ask a question that might actually be answered where we would be interested in knowing the answer, is why the club felt they had to respond to the Martin speculation last year and the Beams speculation this year.

BakerWasA Star and I are high Mark. What time is he speaking…?

@BakerWasAStar

The info:

Dear Antony,

Tomorrow night the Bombers take on the Saints in our last home game for the season at Etihad Stadium.

As a High Mark member you have exclusive access to the Laureate Room, which is located on level D at Gate 6.

Key Times:

• 5:00pm - Gates open - watch the Legends Game from anywhere on Level 1
  • 5:15pm - EFC Legends Game commences
  • 5:45pm - Laureate Room opens
  • 7:00pm - Guest appearance from Adrian Dodoro, General Manager of List and Recruiting
  • 7:50pm - Bounce
  • Half Time - Enjoy freshly popped popcorn in the Laureate room!

Go Bombers!

Alexandra Mantell
Membership Marketing Manager

I’ve not actually attended a single one of these, ever, so no idea of the format or how long he talks. Was going to attend tonight to find out.

Thanks - missed that email, keeps going to my junk email !

No problem.

The same was happening for me, which is why I only recently even found out about these free events. That is why I haven’t been to one yet.

VanDerHaar and I will both try and get there.

Have you got that upper respiratory infection? Feel sorry for you.

Its back to the old fashioned remedies of head over a bowl of hot water with aromatherapy oils and beach towel over head. Antibiotics don’t work with this one. Vicks on upper chest/back and feet with cotton socks and Panadol for temperature.

Good luck its a very fierce infection.