Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Nah, a virus. Had fevers which are now gone, but still have rashes and told until they go down I’m contagious. Damn it. I live 100m from Etihad, look over the stadium, but won’t be able to walk over for our last home game there this year. Oh well, I’ll be snug in front of the telly. :frowning:

Well, snug and itchy.

1 Like

Don’t friggin waste it - get yourself down to Punt Rd ASAP, drop by the Westpac ctr on your way back.

10 Likes

I’ve had it for five months and yes I’m itchy.

Did you end up going?

Yep, got there part way through. VanDerHaar also joined me not long after I arrived and may have more to add.

Regarding Beams, Dodoro said we had no interest in him and he took a call from Brisbane asking if there was any truth in us being interested in Beams. Dodoro told them “No” to which they replied: “Would you like to trade?”

Dodoro, with a big smile on his face, said he told them “No” (much merriment in the crowd over that).

He basically said the club statement was about keeping faith with a couple of players we are interested in - make no mistake, we are up to our ears with a couple of players, but it’s not guaranteed we will land them.

Dodoro did say we would like to add a midfielder and our needs were quite specific - if we couldn’t trade for those specific needs he was quite happy to go to the draft. Tells me our first round pick this year is clearly in play for the “right” midfielder (whatever that might be).

He also mentioned how it wasn’t just hard to try and attract any player during the ASADA period but he/the club had their work cut out just keeping the players we had. We have clearly turned the corner in that regards.

And, for the record, Dodoro only wore a single jacket.

31 Likes

Thanks. Sorry I missed it. Sounded like there was some actually useful stuff in it. Answers the speculation on the Beams announcement.

hmm so not confident on the trade period.

delist dodoro.

1 Like

I’ve been a critic of Dodoro but the bloke is a shifty kent after landing the SSS’s I’m confident we will get another big fish this trade period.

Jacket
But it was the world’s best jacket, right?

5 Likes

Another year, still no finals wins. 14 years now from the master list builder.

Cheer up, when we win finals in the coming years, I’m sure you can still find some miserable period to dwell on and some future club staff to pour scorn on :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nah, I actually want the club to become successful so I don’t want these mediocre people around the club who love the smell of their own farts because they’ve built a “great list” that somehow can’t even make finals.

A decade and half of poor administration, lack of funding for our footy department, poor facilities, poor coaching departments, an all enveloping supplements saga which included drafting sancitions, financial sanctions and heavy suspensions, and you’ve pinned the reason that we haven’t won a final in that space on dodoros list management? Gee you must really know what you’re talking about…

5 Likes

It may come as a surprise to you, but some of us think the main reason we’ve been crap for the past 15 years is due to the quality of our playing list.

3 Likes

CGates?

Says the guy who reckons Saad is crap?

1 Like

And it may come a surprise to you that it’s not as simple as one department being the sole reason for being crap all these years.

Speak for yourself, I will always blame the boot studder, always

5 Likes

Sack Studoro

7 Likes

Here’s a thought for everyone to get angry about:

If the AFL decide to reward Bloos and Suns with priority picks immediately after the first pick and the Suns get a compo pick at the same position, and we stay in our current position on the ladder…our first pick would go from 8 to 13.

Not so easy to trade that one out.