Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

The zone…of building a list that hasnt won a final for 14 years

3 Likes

well, I’m sure we all hope that will change in 2019

Doesn’t make sense. I mean, how old are these guys if this list hasn’t won a final in 14 years. Was Raz playing at age 8?

3 Likes

Hooker must have been farking young !

2 Likes

The zone of not having someone recruit mal Michael when you knew it was a daft move

1 Like

There’s limits to what the list manager can do. I fully believe our list now has as much talent as any in the league (maybe except GWS). What the coaches do with it, and how the injury gods smile on it, are completely out of his hands.

Oh, and what the fitness guys decide to inject the players with and how management chooses to react is also out of his hands.

4 Likes

the dodoro apologism (is that a word? sounds erotic) on this board of late has been ridiculous. ok, he has pulled off big trades, but he has also been negligent in failing to turn over the list. we’re going to have a gap in our list in 5 years time. getting a measly 4 new players (one of whom, Tom Jok, is mature age anyway) onto the list is not good enough.

and now that he loves his newfound reputation as a trade master you can bet your bottom dollar big head dodoro will trade away our 2020 picks next year as well.

we have brought in nothing that even looks like top line 18yo talent in the last 3 years aside from the gimme that was Mcgrath. zerk is a possibility, but apart from that it is very slim pickings.

1 Like

We’ve brought in 11 players over the last two draft/trade periods. Shiel is the oldest at 25

1 Like

Interesting that we didn’t select one midfielder. Still think we could have grabbed a couple given how important they are to modern footy.

1 Like

Let me tell how about they can move into the midfield.

2 Likes

I can understand (although not agree with) arguments about the list pre 2016. But now?

The argument about the U17 year olds seems silly too. In 2016 in addition to McGrath he got Begley who was best 23 at the start of his second year before he did his ACL. Ridley looked fantastic at AFL level this year before injury. And Clarke and Mutch look promising. He rounded that off with Draper who looks ■■■■■■ promising and dominated the VFL finals.

In 2017/2018 he brought in four best 22 players who all have the capacity to be AA contenders, Zerk-Thatcher, Mynott and Guelfi.

Frankly, he could bomb this year’s picks and still look golden over the period. We don’t know how the 2018 crop will come on, but he’s at least nailed our needs from this draft (assuming we get Z Clarke).

Hams and Mosquito have both spent some time in the middle.

3 Likes

I think it was @Humble_Minion who said he wants Dodoro to swing for the fences with the picks in this draft.

It sort of feels a bit like he’s done that.

What do you think HM?

2 Likes

Stringer’s spent time in the ruck, doesn’t make him a ruckman.

True. But it’s also true that kids at U18 levels get pigeon holed in roles by amateur experts despite that they are expected to play other positions as their bodies mature.

1 Like

If someone asked you “what sort of player is Irving Mosqutio?” and you’d look them in the eye and say “he’s a midfielder” then fair enough, I can’t argue with opinion.

Seriously!?. No ■■■■■■■ idea

1 Like

“In 2017/2018 he brought in four best 22 players who all have the capacity to be AA contenders, Zerk-Thatcher, Mynott and Guelfi.”

Zerk-Thatcher, Mynott and Guelfi= AA?? Very optimistic to the extreme I would say

Although I hope you are correct!!!

I assume you are being sarcastic ! The 4 potential All Australians are SSSS !

Zerk and Guelfi look good but I have not seen much of Mynott

1 Like

I’ve got news for you: Zerk-Thatcher is only one person*, and 3 ≠ 4.

*will win two AAs though.