Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Unfortunately, it’s not a coaching v recruiting issue…they are both no good

let me put it another way. our chf and ff on the weekend were two plodders who got cut by their previous teams for being plodders.

and we have no young kids coming through who can replace them in those positions. so we’re stuck with them while daniher is out. this is ■■■■ list management 101

The dads annoyed even before he sees the pizza. This is definitely efc supporters

Those “plodders” are backup for JD and (IMO) Hooker. JD is young. Those “plodders” did fine when given their chance last year when we won all those games. And we have Gown and Stewart as well.

Collingwood made the GF with Cox, who most here would consider a plodder. Richmond won it with only one KPF.

You don’t appear to understand the first thing about list management.

6 Likes

Dodoro has had 3 or 4 years to draft hooker and jd sidekicks/replacements and he has sat on his hands and lumped us with brown, mckernan, stewart. if you think we can richmond our way to a flag and don’t need more kpf options you are the one who doesn’t understand list management

And Zerk Thatcher
And Stringer
And Draper
And Gown

And he focused finally on the midfield

4 Likes

You’re losing this argument. Just thought I’d share.

Is that you Ameet Bains?

Also, with the picks he had access to, which young KPFs should he have selected?

High quality young KPFs are as rare as hens teeth, most of them are taken in the first 15 picks in a draft and still have a high failure rate. We haven’t been lucky with the top 10 picks we have had access to coming in years without KPF options and we’ve had a midfield to build. Getting a high quality KPF in the middle of the draft is pure luck, a Ben Brown doesn’t magically appear every year.

Speaking of Ben Brown, the year he was drafted was the year we lost our picks (and still managed to scrape together Merrett and Fantasia) who is to say that we wouldn’t have taken Brown at our 2nd? Especially considering we were so heavily into Rory Lobb at the time as a FF/Ruck.

Daniher, Stewart, Brown, McKernan, (and Hooker) should be more than enough, especially when small forwardlines are all the rage these days. He also added Gown last off season, so clearly he is looking to the future KPF stocks.

2 Likes

H’mm never believe everything you read in the paper.

Yep…this

I rememebr posting here ages ago when we traded in stringer, saad and smith. and commented saying it’s great we have these guys but they don’t fulfil our needs -big bodied inside mids. People responded saying we have “Langford, Myers and Stringer will play midfield” :confused:

3 Likes

Should be shown the door like the coach tomorrow morning .Had more than long enough to assemble a half decent list, and has failed miserably . And has given away our first round pick this year when we are bound to finish bottom 4, great legacy . ■■■■ off you smug turd

4 Likes

Said it for years this bloke has gone past he’s use by date. Time for change and he’d be right behind woosher out the door

2 Likes

midfield is extremely important after all, aint it Adrian.

2 Likes

I have no problems with trading away picks for good players the problem I have with Dodoro is he doesn’t draft any inside mids.

1 Like

I like Sheil and he will probably be a great player for us , but we already had a bunch of small light midfielders . We would have to been better going for some bigger bodied mids , either in the draft or by trade . It’s a joke that someone as horrible as David Myers could even be close to our best inside mid . He wouldn’t get a game at any club .

3 Likes

The bloke used the “build the KPPs first” excuse for a decade and we have no depth at those positions either.

1 Like

and Ive it heard first hand from the bloke.

Hooker was always gonna cook early - and still has 3 years to go!

1 Like