Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

I’m never the one bumping this thread. If you want to discuss the last 22 years of list management then after a win is as good as after a loss - go for it. Again my opinions on Dodoro’s career is not & will never be based on the teams form. I have said this list is the best he has assembled, I’ve said his trading in 2017 was head & shoulders his best off season & I’m more than happy to say players like Zerrett & Raz were great drafting & not “development”. What I also say is that standard should be applied to every decision & then look at the net results.

1 Like

Just because one likes to take time out to enjoy a win, does not mean that their opinion on the value of long term employees has changed.

Mind you, I would very much like to revisit this thread with”where are you now” style posts should we hold the cup aloft anytime soon.

1 Like

You have to admit though, your opinion on this subject was being shared a lot more after rounds 1 and 2 compared to rounds 3 and 4. Just saying.

3 Likes

Jbomber has been writing mind numbingly repetitive essays on Dodoro and recruiting midfielders for the last decade. He posts about nothing else and as he’s admitted, winning games won’t change his opinion. Which is weird because that’s what his criticisms are all about

6 Likes

22 Years makes that.

• 1 Flag, a GF and Prelim team.
  • A failed rebuild under knights after pandering to sheeds retread for 3 years.
  • a promising list that was mauled by the saga; and
  • the best list he has assembled

Compared to other teams he ain’t that bad.

3 Likes

lol - which teams are you comparing him to? Even if you give him 100% credit for the 99-01 teams how many teams do you think have achieved less over the 22 years?

What about this bloke…???

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/brayden-sier

1 Like

Does anyone seriously think the talent of our list is currently sub par? Sure there are some inconsistency issues, but is that drafting, or coaching, or simply the reality of building a team from shaky foundations?

Considering the headwinds of the Saga, what is the pass benchmark? 16th? 10th? The fact that we are threatening the 8 in both our 2nd and 3rd season post that shitstorm is remarkable.

The saga lost us draft picks. It lost us players to trades that returned below market value. It lost us any chance of trading in players or attracting free agents. It crippled a number of fledgling careers, headwinds that reduced the chances our rookies had to succeed. It meant we had to pay players more to encourage them to stay. It obliterated any consistency in coaching. The changing of coaches prevented consistency in draft priorities and the direction of our list build. The chaos of the ban prevented players from building the cohesion on field that other sides achieved over the same period. And I don’t for a second think our senior players came through that ordeal without some form of psychological harm that effects them still.

So yeah. Dodoro. Such a bad list manager.

12 Likes

Watching the VFL smash Frankston was impressive but they dismantled North

Draper
Zerk
Laverde
Clarke
Langford (didn’t play)
Francis
Mynott
Jok
Gleeson
Gown
Begley

Most of these players and others would play AFL for other teams or are developing

Lid off

2 Likes

get back to me when we win a final

Great Post. Really puts things into perspective. Our list is remarkable considering all this. Not convinced by the coaches. But I am convinced we have the list.

2 Likes

Very happy with Shiel, Ham & Mozz from last trade & draft period.

3 Likes

what are we looking for?

Don’t know about you but I’m looking for a threepeat.

1 Like

his brain

1 Like

One of my mates (a Richmond supporter no less) suggested that Dodoro was Snow White, and the seven dwarves were our midfield! It got me thinking that we do have some short ■■■■■ in there don’t we? And we lack a bull… So hypothetically he proposed that we trade one of Merrett or McGrath out and orchestrate a serious play for Fyfe or Bontempelli… Thoughts? Is this just nuts or is it the strategy we need to deploy to acquire a gun with height and grunt.

1 Like

2 Likes

You see the way these boys are playing for each other?

You ■■■■ with that at your own risk.

If a lad wants to leave, you say thank you very much and get the best deal you can. But nobody gets traded out against their will at this stage of our development.

1 Like

There aren’t actually many tall mids in the competition. Look at the vast majority of elite mids and they are around 183cm. The likes of Cripps, Fyfe and Bontempelli are rarities. Very unlikely we can find one that is interested in a trade. Even more unlikely that we can afford the salary and trade currency.

With

Myers 191
Hepp 187

And Clarke 187 waiting im not sure it matters.

Your best player doesn’t have to be a big bodied midfielder.