Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

You forgot Rookie picks of McKenna, McKernan and Ambrose, which if you get any right is a conplete bonus.

I doubt there is a club in the last 4 years that have done better then us. Possibly the dogs (cant included the AFL Giants)

2 Likes

There has to be some serious doubts if you look at the facts. I hope I am wrong but we have missed some very serious talent (as listed) in the last two years alone.

2013 and 14 are the only drafts you can’t really slam the draft team on, we had to take risks because they were pretty much written off before we got to them.

A recruiter has to find 2 players a year.

In the drafts you’ve shown, he has done that.

Dodoro is good at his job, and getting more refined each year. He loves the club and is as motivated to see us succeed as anyone. I have no idea why supporters want to move him on.

6 Likes

I think refining his job to list management and getting merv keane has been the biggest improvement from our backroom staff in the last decade.

You really have no idea what goes on at the club or what Adrian actually does.
Adrian should be applauded for getting the club out of the ■■■■.
There’s a lot of people on here that get personal.

Are you ■■■■■■■ serious?

Joe had nothing to with Dodoro. You are an idiot.
If you don’t know the facts. Stop guessing.
Joe was very very close to going to Sydney

2 Likes

Anyone would have done the same thing in his position though, Joe Daniher was touted as a number 1 pick that year.

■■■■■■■ idiot

Fair point, but I am talking about selection of players. I am sure there were a lot of people at Essendon who were involved in ensuring he chose us over Sydney.

My point is, we probably spend $2m a year on recruiting and I don’t know if we do it any better than just using the media’s draft previews and predictions.

As for drafts where we have been compromised, at the end of the day we have a pick wherever we have a pick and its questionable whether they have done anything better than an average job.

For the rookies, again for every Ambrose that we have picked up there is a Sam Gray or a Charlie Cameron. We’ve done ok, but most clubs have done just as well.

As for finding 2 players a year - I don’t see how that should be the measure. Is that just the average result?

I know there is a lot more to it and it is not simply ‘best available’ but I don’t see any evidence they are better than average.

Well guess what Dodoro got him

Cool your ■■■■■■■ jets champ.

1 Like

My jets are cool mate. Just despise people not knowing facts and making ■■■■ up and bagging people that are working their ■■■■ off to get the club to a flag.

Are the ones we missed the ones Cal or the other bloke said to choose? Or did you just list the ones that made it. In any case this list is pretty much useless. In a Phantom draft you pick who you think will be selected where. In real time you don’t get that luxury.

This pretty much proves nothing.

Ok mate. How’d i bag dodoro? If you came in guns blazing over skipworth you’d have a leg to stand on.

TIPPA!

1 Like

It is a discussion. You’ve added nothing.

I don’t know if we should congratulating him too much. According to the Trade Whisperer, we’ve missed out on a young out-of-contract Brisbane key forward, who’s opted for Collingwood.

1 Like

Yes I agree, live is a different thing - its a moving feast.
The media does lists of their best players as well though, not a phantom draft. Of course most of their information is coming from talking to the recruiting teams so without recruiting teams they wouldn’t have lists anyway.

It is a very emotional and passionate topic. Look at our friend Cgates - very fired up. No evidence of us doing any better than average but strong opinions. We all do. I would have wasted a pick on Dayle Garlett but then again i would never have picked Dylan Van Unen either so its swings and round a bouts.

I am still keen for someone to show me how we are any better than average. I am actually quite keen to be proven wrong. Our team isn’t going anywhere so I hope they are.