Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000

Pretty much anyone they don’t have to trade for

Batchelor has played some reasonable footy at times. Pushed out by Grimes and Astbury somehow both being fit at the same time for more than a month.

Port don’t like spending magical fairy dust points. Doesn’t matter if the free player actually improves the team…

But surely youre just wasting a list spot. Why not have a field day at the draft. The draft cant be that shallow

Something a bit ‘Crazy Vossy’ going on at Port at the moment.

He’s advising Hinkley

Expect Batchelor to find a CUB, though I worry about Hartung.

With apologies to Peos.

I don’t rate Ports trade period as highly as ours. As others have said, Motlop can be BOG but also can go MIA not just for periods but for games, months and sometimes seasons… Also is in the absolute twilight of his career. Rockliff is a great player, and I would have been more than happy with him at EFC, but again he is in the last 2-3 years of his career and has serious question marks over his ability to be ‘the man’ in the middle.

Watts is another that I actually think can play footy but got stuck in a bad position at Melbourne… but again very inconsistent and also will be 27 next season.

So its still a positive trade period but I compare that to our bunch and I don’t think it stacks up at all. We have Smith who is younger and with more upside than Motlop. Smith has had two years ruined by injury but I have full faith we will get him fit and this guy was considered up there with guys like Kelly, Cogniglo, Green et al… Supremely talented and still under 24.

We also got stringer who can play forward or hopefully mid. AA level player still under 24 with plenty left to prove. Would easily have the same output as Rockcliff and has far more upside.

You then would say that Watts was most valuable as a floating HB sweeper… a role that Saad can play or alternatively he takes a defensive post and allows Hurley to play that role. Add the fact that he is still young and has guts, heart and pure commitment to the contest and he beats Watts by a long way.

Not to mention they had to lose Lobbe for practically nothing… a very handy ruckman and classy back up player to Ryder. They also lost Trengrove, a highly rated key positional player… impey and ah chee as well… who were the ‘smalls’ expected to deliver the x-factor… and suddenly it starts to feel like they just moved deck chairs imho.

As much as it hurts, I think the real competition was FC… who did quite nicely in the background and the trade of the year (perhaps decade) has to be that Freo deal for weller… one trade to rule them all… unbelievable stuff.

I am absolutely biased but there is no doubt in my mind that we had the ‘best’ trade period this year bar none. 3 ready best 22 players… all young and with plenty of time to develop further. A week later and I’m still smiling.

That ■■■■■■ auto correct on my phone.

Wasn’t ever really available,… everyone knew it.

Can we say props to Dodoro for one or more of the 3 taken late in such a “shallow” draft ? Alternatively will he be **** canned if they are a bust ?
Assuming the team will be in the 8 for at least 2-3 years its going to be hard for even 2015, 2016 and moreso 2017 draftees to make it for years, if they last that long.

He nailed trade period though. 3 ready made young guns. If any of the draftees picked this year are pushing for selection, id say weve done well with our draft position

can GAGF

I’m still wondering what this is/was…

GM Footy Manager shortlist - shortlist no more.... Ex-Tiger appointed

Get one of the 4 players selected to hit a 100 games and then it’s been a massive success.

As I understand, it is still happening but it is a little while off being announced for reasons I’m not fully across.

assuming its a player - do we even have any spots on the list left?

maybe the ‘big recruiting news’ isnt an incoming player?

I’m intrigued.

A rioli?