Ads on Discourse Blitz

Yay :blush: thanks

I donated but my Blitz still crashes in peak times.

1 Like

I get this ad pretty much exclusively

Iā€™m a sponsor but seeing ads. Would prefer them gone when you get a chance. Thx.

same, may also cause crashing too, unverified though.

Where do I donate? The Richmond membership drive is starting to make me nauseas.

Having said that, it is nice to know we are costing them money everytime we see it with absolutely no chance of ROI for themā€¦

If they are flat out just buying impressions with no frequency capping (seems like none to me) then they are wasting cash. Suck it tiger flogs.

They should be buying on cost per click given itā€™s acquisition/sign ups theyā€™re after. If they are the impressions are costing them nothing. In which case, fark you tiger flogs

1 Like

Funnily enoughā€¦
Through the trade period I was getting 50% off jackets every few days.
None since.

Does google ads filter through common words used in a thread?

1 Like

Probably.

What if the word has been blocked by the swear filter? Might explain why no ads for Geelong

Thereā€™s a real annoying ad coming from the top of the screen. Even when I close it itā€™s got a pull down icon to see it again which is making it difficult to click the blitz home icon.

2 Likes

Same issue. On mobile it takes away the ā€œback to homeā€ link in the top left. If possible can you change the drop down tab to the other side if the ad cannot be removed.

I clicked on the report ad option to say Iā€™ve seen the ad before and it hasnā€™t come up again.

Is it this thing? I noticed it today for the first time and is annoying a hell.

3 Likes

Yes suddenly the ads seem to be very in your face. Iā€™ve never had pop up ads on the app beforeā€¦ So much so I canā€™t even hot the reply buttonā€¦ Damn Optus addā€¦

Blitz seems to be curious in general as of today.
Itā€™s no longer refreshing the number of unread posts in a thread, and itā€™s not showing what number the post is in the thread. For example, whatever post I read in this thread the counter simply reads ā€œ/136ā€ (where it used to display ā€œX/136ā€, X being the post number).

All those adā€™s look kind of virusy, or o/wise nefarious sort of things you get when you go to pirate type sites etc.

Donā€™t reckon theyā€™re meant to be there through the whole Blitz/Google arrangement myself.

I wouldnā€™t think theyā€™d put those sorts of pop up things on anyway. :thinking:

Alright these ads are doing my head in!
Sometimes on the top, sometimes on the bottom which causes the page to jump around everywhere and now changing pages a whole screen ad pops up before letting me move pages.
Total BS!

1 Like

@Riolio

Iā€™m copping the ads too. Sometimes I cop full page too.