AFL Draft 2018 Thread

But first round picks are the only pathway to success. The rest of the draft is just ‘list fillers’.

Just ask Carlton. They’ve been sold this for 20 years.

1 Like

fairly certain we picked up a guy that goes alright

True. But the tone of the Dustin Fletcher Hanger threads would be a whole lot worse given we would have finished second last and lost our two best players to trades to see us have picks 2, 3 and 6.

2 Likes

It took them a couple of hours to get through 10 picks? Jeesus.

1 Like

I suspect you’re right. GC will be an even bigger shambles next year. But FC will still be bottom 3 or 4. Adelaide have made off like bandits in my opinion. The top 4 player next year will be better than Stocker and there’ll only be one years difference in development.

Did Adelaide really do that deal??

Tbh I can’t envisage Carlton improving dramatically but I can see them going up a few spots while Adelaide could finish exactly where they did this year 12th.

Massive gamble, might have just ■■■■■■ away a top 20 pick just to move up 5 or 6 spots in the draft next year.

My plan would be to have the top 10 picked before they go to air and then reveal each pick one bye one when the broadcast starts it will create anticpation and excitement rather then watching each club discuss who they are going to pick for 5 mins.

Tomorrow Day

1 Like

Not a whole lot different.
You generally have a pretty good idea of who you will get, or at least 2 players you’re likely to have. It’s usually been talked to death by now. And there is usually and loud minority group who is super p!ssed that we didn’t get someone else that was available… or in the Clayton Oliver case, p!ssed off at Doddoro for not picking a player that was already taken.

But your only judging 1 pick in isolation. At this point in the night you should have your main list completed. Then you can assess what we have done, and how the balance of the Main List looks.

Surely it’s more anticipatory and exciting to watch each club pretend to discuss who they’re going to pick for 5 minutes than it is to watch even more transparently artificial Brownlow-style anticipation and excitement?

1 Like

Now that they have Sam Walsh, I’d expect carlton to win the flag next year.

5 Likes

The last few years have been fine in draft night. its a bit boring at points yes, but it beats the absolute sh*t out of this years format

5 Likes

Just like Weitering

1 Like

And Murphy
And Gibbs
And Kreuzer

1 Like

How can Carlton have had soooooo many pick 1s and still be so ■■■■■.

2 Likes

Crows will make the 8 and Fark Carlton will finish bottom 2, bookmark it

5 Likes

I have no doubt that the was encouraged by the AFL to “create a buzz” as the only thing we would be discussing this had it not, is how ■■■■ the telecast was.

I am willing to bet that of Fark Carlton finish bottom 3 again next year that the AFL would have promised them a compensation pick for their troubles. That compensation will fall behind the pick they traded to Adelaide. Bookmark it.

Also weird we both said bookmark it one post after another.

Did we win?

Don’t know. But I can tell you for sure that, (insert No 1 Draft Pick here) certainly lost.

1 Like