Afl essendon club support

Guys, I have been an AFL and AFL Club Support member since 1980, however, in light of all the AFL has been doing to us during the past six or so months I'm seriously considering dumping this membership and taking up one directly with the EFC.  

I would value any thoughts/comments you may be able to afford me as to whether or not this would be a good move and what type of EFC membership would be best to offset my AFL Club Support membership.

Do whatever please you mate But just support the club. The club needs it at the moment.

That would be an excellent move, especially if you let them (the AFL) know why you're doing it.

HOW MANY CLUB ESSENDON SUPPORT

i'll be doing exactly the same thing 

good call, definately ditching the afl membership for a bombers one............ do club support members get counted in our member totals?? what % of money goes to the club?

Just remember. It will be no financial disadvantage to the AFL. There’s a lot of people on the waiting list

Just remember. It will be no financial disadvantage to the AFL. There's a lot of people on the waiting list

Sometimes you do things out of principle, even if it makes no difference.

Just remember. It will be no financial disadvantage to the AFL. There's a lot of people on the waiting list

Depends what kind of member you are. There is no waiting list for a silver membership.

I'm not sure what these AFL memberships are for so some clarification would be nice.

Do people get these memberships so they can attend our away games? If that's why, surely keeping them and continuing to attend away games is the right thing to do.

No point martrying yourself.

I'm not sure what these AFL memberships are for so some clarification would be nice.
Do people get these memberships so they can attend our away games? If that's why, surely keeping them and continuing to attend away games is the right thing to do.

AFL membership gets you into any 40 (or 42, 44) Victorian games for the season, plus week 1&2 of finals.
After a waiting period (probably 5-10 years not sure) you also get a Grand final ticket.
I use mine to get into every Essendon game, at a cost of around $315 a year (concession). $220 membership cost, plus $7 per ticket, you can scan in for free but our games at etihad are fully ticketed and the MCG usually sells all the good seats before the game.
A portion of my membership goes to Essendon, with out looking it up I think it's $138.

AFL membership gets you into any 40 (or 42, 44) Victorian games for the season, plus week 1&2 of finals.
After a waiting period (probably 5-10 years not sure) you also get a Grand final ticket.
I use mine to get into every Essendon game, at a cost of around $315 a year (concession). $220 membership cost, plus $7 per ticket, you can scan in for free but our games at etihad are fully ticketed and the MCG usually sells all the good seats before the game.
A portion of my membership goes to Essendon, with out looking it up I think it's $138.

Sounds too good to give away to me. You'd be losing so much yourself to send a message that, whilst powerful to us, would be near silent to the AFL.

People need to do what they think is right, I reckon. If they think giving away their AFL membership is right, then do it. If they think what they lose is too much then I agree.

Guys, I have been an AFL and AFL Club Support member since 1980, however, in light of all the AFL has been doing to us during the past six or so months I'm seriously considering dumping this membership and taking up one directly with the EFC.  

I would value any thoughts/comments you may be able to afford me as to whether or not this would be a good move and what type of EFC membership would be best to offset my AFL Club Support membership.

sounds good in theory, but the AFL will not give a ■■■■, as they have a long, long waiting list for members.

Sounds too good to give away to me. You'd be losing so much yourself to send a message that, whilst powerful to us, would be near silent to the AFL.
People need to do what they think is right, I reckon. If they think giving away their AFL membership is right, then do it. If they think what they lose is too much then I agree.

Personally I'd love to send a message to the AFL and not renew. However it is by far the cheapest option for good seats (level 1, wing) and after 4 years I can't see myself leaving the queue for full membership.

Personally I'd love to send a message to the AFL and not renew. However it is by far the cheapest option for good seats (level 1, wing) and after 4 years I can't see myself leaving the queue for full membership.

You can have my spot, or at least go up by one place in the queue, as I will be one less full AFL member renewing next year.

I haven't been getting value for it anyway lately. I have a reserved seat for EFC home games but don't get to any of the Etihad away games. My mate who I go to games with isn't an AFL member so if we ever made the GF I'd be going on my own.

So next year I'll look to increase my membership to include away games with reserved seat. Might even upgrade from bronze to silver if available.

Was very close to cutting up the membership card last night, but thought I may as well bleed them out of a couple of weeks of free finals and a cheap seat for the Boxing Day Test.

When I do cut it up, it'll be in sharp triangular pieces so Demetriou can fooking choke on it.

I’ve been a Silver AFL Member (as well as an EFC High Mark Member) since 2008. I’ve actually held my high mark membership since the 1992 move from Windy Hill to the MCG but out of principle, I’ll stick with my EFC membership only as of next season. Initially (in 2007) I got the AFL Membership because it was infinitely cheaper than club membership but found booking a decent seat at Etihad for our home games (and high drawing MCG games) actually only decreased my cost by around $150 but my money was now spread out between EFC, AFL & Ticketmaster/Ticketek. I’m still 10,000 back in the AFL Membership queue after 6 seasons as a silver member so at this stage I’d probably prefer to upgrade my high mark to a home and away package instead. Costs me a little more but I will feel better about my cash going to EFC than Vlad & his cronies & the ticketing agencies. I seldom get to non EFC games like I used to anymore & I reckon I’d only be interested in attending the GF is if Essendon is in it anyway. AFL wont get my money next year.

I changed from High Mark to AFL Club Support 4 years ago, and am also tossing up whether to go back.  The kids are getting old enough that they'd more than likely be able to sit through a game now, so I'm thinking of upgrading to a family membership.  Is there a waiting list for High Mark membership?  The alternative may be to get a silver membership and put the savings toward player sponsorship next year..

I enjoy the flexibility of AFL membership as it allows me to attend other 'big' games, as well as sit with friends who support other clubs.

That said, only $138 of it goes to Essendon. If we're paying a fine next year, I'll look to do something on top of that.

I have always paid a shitload more for my membership, all the while knowing that if I'd bitten the bullet and changed to an "AFL with club support" membership, I would not only save money, but likely get more benefits (even though I do not attend non-Essendon games).  I have a High Mark membership, with both home and away seats.  It's big dollars for a little earner like myself.  I also pay for High Mark memberships for 2 of my kids (again, with home and away seats).

For me, the decision has always been simple (always... long before any of this drama).  I am NOT an AFL supporter, I am an Essendon supporter.  I want my money to go to Essendon, and I want Essendon to have control over my membership and it's benefits.

I have been wracking my brain lately trying to think of ways to protest against the AFL.  I have considered NOT turning up to away games (where the majority of the money goes to the home club... and of course, the AFL, with very little going to us).  If James Hird is forced to step down (or suspended, or whatever), then I was seriously consider not going to any AFL games at all.  I'll support the reserves each weekend, at whatever local oval they may be playing at, and I'll support Lara.  I have also thought about the merits of not watching football on TV (it's only ever non-Essendon games I watch anyway, and I'm not really that interested in those)... yes I'm only one person, but what would it do to rating (and the value of the television rights deal), if a large portion of Essendon supporters decided to do the same thing?

All in all, what I'm trying to say is, I think that cancelling your AFL membership, and taking out a "pure" Essendon membership would be an excellent way to make a statement.  Be sure to let the AFL know your reasons for doing so too.

I changed from High Mark to AFL Club Support 4 years ago, and am also tossing up whether to go back.  The kids are getting old enough that they'd more than likely be able to sit through a game now, so I'm thinking of upgrading to a family membership.  Is there a waiting list for High Mark membership?  The alternative may be to get a silver membership and put the savings toward player sponsorship next year..

I don't believe there is a waiting list for High Mark membership (currently at least), however there is a waiting list for the fancy level 2 seats that accompany them.  Having said that... I was on the waiting list for all of 3 weeks before I was given seats (also a family membership, 4 seats in a row, in the front row of the middle tier).