AFL Fans Association

Seems that every stakeholder in the game has a voice in the game...players, coaches, clubs, umpires, sponsors, broadcasters.

But, the fans don't seem to have their own voice really.

Until now.

Now hopefully it becomes a success, but, the AFL Fans Association, or AFLFA is that voice.

Yes, the vice-president of the Association is Joffa, but, it has a growing number of members across all clubs and provide a voice on issues like the price of going to the game, the food and drink prices inside and so on.

I just signed up today so i hope it works.

www.aflfans.org is the website, but here's how to get involved:

AFL Fans Association
GPO Box 710
Melbourne VIC 3001
Web: www.aflfans.org
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: www.facebook.com/aflfans

Hopefully it proves as useful as the coaches and players associations.

I'll join as long as carlton aren't involved..

fark carlton

Oh it will 'work' alright, just not the way you think. 

The AFL will inevitably infiltrate this group and gain control through it's influence, just like they have with the PA and CA and the media and any other group who thinks they should have a say in any and all things AFL.

They will simply do what they've always done, only then they will be able to say that the 'fans DO have a voice' and unsurprisingly, it will always be in the AFL's favour. 

Higher prices? "the AFLFA believe that a ticket to the game still provides superior entertainment for the family even with the price increase of 15%"

Shitful fixtures? "the AFLFA support the AFL decision to put car vs ess on a sunday at 7:30. It's school holidays so its a family friendly timeslot"

Equalisation "the AFLFA think it's high time the AFL started to share Anzac day amongst all teams, at least remove Ess so other teams can have a go....it's only fair"

Wait and see. 

Alfalfa.

yep, itll be infiltrated by the afl, and the people who are at the 'top' of this mob, will slot themselves in for some nice perks like GF tickets and the like. before you know it, we'll be back where we started.

to be honest, its probably an AFL initiative, black ops style to look like its fan driven

yep, itll be infiltrated by the afl, and the people who are at the 'top' of this mob, will slot themselves in for some nice perks like GF tickets and the like. before you know it, we'll be back where we started.

to be honest, its probably an AFL initiative, black ops style to look like its fan driven

say that again? 

Story is the group is set to meet the bosses regarding the ticket prices.

I didn't realise equlisation was to bring the crowds down to the same as poorly supported clubs.