AFL Feedback Thread

Watched most of the first half of our game. Saw about 5 minutes of the 2 Sat night games whilst I was at work.

Simply don’t give a toss about watching anymore…

I like football.
I just hate every single thing connected to it.

What’s with Caro - latest rage is at Gill and the AFL income from gambling. Have her AFL sources dried up, seeing that Robbo scooped her on the illicit drugs issue? Next thing, she might be dredging up that old article about the jobs for the boys re Gill/Hamish/Vlad Hall Of Fame/Spyglass shares and Fitzpatrick’s business interests. She might even throw in a reference to Bastion.
Her article complements another one re AFLPA fining a few player agents for betting on games, plus one by Willingham in general pages today about AFL gambling adverts at games

Finally! Enemies become friends…errrgh

More Rage articles on AFL and gambling today, including Gill’s defence, which I couldn’t quite understand:
" … I have a view which is not universal around the AFL, that is: Things that are legal and part of our game, our job is then to contextualise it and make sure it’s not overly prevalent and has balance and context to it, not make decisions to prohibit or otherwise."

Overly?

It’s just football. Light entertainment. Clubs don’t want you, they want your money. They’ve spent the best part of 20 years coming up with ways to keep us at arm’s length. Once you come to terms with the new paradigm you’ll stop caring about about a sport that stopped caring about you a long time ago. And you’ll feel better for it.

How about interchanges only after a punch-on?

INTERCHANGE rotations may only occur after a goal or another complete stoppage of play in the future, says football operations manager Mark Evans.

Rotations were limited to 90 for 2016, not including changes made at the breaks between quarters. Previously, rotations had been capped at 120.

Evans told ABC Radio further changes could be ahead.

“Somewhere in the future, I’d like to trial whether we just do interchanges after goals or when the play has completely stopped because of a blood rule or a stretcher,” Evans said.

You do realise there are only so many moronic suggestions you can make before everyone realises you’re a moron, right?
How about interchanges only after a punch-on?
You're a visionary.

How about you have to solve a series of increasingly difficult riddles before you can make an interchange?

How about you have to solve a series of increasingly difficult riddles before you can make an interchange?

THIS!

Kinda like the white Australia policy questionnaire... And the Afl decides what questions each team asks.

How much do they pay this guy to come up with this rubbish

Players will start juicing in order to get a rotation. Get the Great Muta in as a blading coach.

If we finish above fark carlton, pies and port this year, im counting it as a premiership. Fark ya.

More Rage articles on AFL and gambling today, including Gill's defence, which I couldn't quite understand: " ... I have a view which is not universal around the AFL, that is: Things that are legal and part of our game, our job is then to contextualise it and make sure it's not overly prevalent and has balance and context to it, not make decisions to prohibit or otherwise."

Overly?

I didn’t understand the bit between the commas

More Rage articles on AFL and gambling today, including Gill's defence, which I couldn't quite understand: " ... I have a view which is not universal around the AFL, that is: Things that are legal and part of our game, our job is then to contextualise it and make sure it's not overly prevalent and has balance and context to it, not make decisions to prohibit or otherwise."

Overly?

I didn’t understand the bit between the commas

If you are a native speaker of the English language, none of that should make sense.

Complete load of balls

The stench of AFL corruption rears it’s ugly head again

Robert Auld today appointed by the AFL to be the CEO of AFL Tasmania
Robert Auld who has never had a job working in the sports industry
Robert Auld whose brother is one Travis Auld

The stench of AFL corruption rears it's ugly head again

Robert Auld today appointed by the AFL to be the CEO of AFL Tasmania
Robert Auld who has never had a job working in the sports industry
Robert Auld whose brother is one Travis Auld

Not so much corruption more cronyism. Just because he hasn’t worked in sport doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of running a business.