AFL Feedback Thread

The stench of AFL corruption rears it's ugly head again

Robert Auld today appointed by the AFL to be the CEO of AFL Tasmania
Robert Auld who has never had a job working in the sports industry
Robert Auld whose brother is one Travis Auld

Not so much corruption more cronyism. Just because he hasn’t worked in sport doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of running a business.

The company I used to work was very successful but wanted to get bigger (grow across Australia rather than being only WA based). The owners sold it to a consortium who over the following few years gradually replaced all the industry experienced senior management with other “highly qualified management”

The new management had zero experience in the industry…so what happened…revenue became the all important management target (Important, yes…but it’s how you raise the revenue that is important in my industry) and the new management became disillusioned with the longer term staff who pointed out the error of their ways.

The result…loss of nearly all their key experienced senior and middle managers, loss of government contracts and falling revenue.

So although experience might not be necessary…it certainly damn well helps.

The stench of AFL corruption rears it's ugly head again

Robert Auld today appointed by the AFL to be the CEO of AFL Tasmania
Robert Auld who has never had a job working in the sports industry
Robert Auld whose brother is one Travis Auld

Not so much corruption more cronyism. Just because he hasn’t worked in sport doesn’t mean he isn’t capable of running a business.

The company I used to work was very successful but wanted to get bigger (grow across Australia rather than being only WA based). The owners sold it to a consortium who over the following few years gradually replaced all the industry experienced senior management with other “highly qualified management”

The new management had zero experience in the industry…so what happened…revenue became the all important management target (Important, yes…but it’s how you raise the revenue that is important in my industry) and the new management became disillusioned with the longer term staff who pointed out the error of their ways.

The result…loss of nearly all their key experienced senior and middle managers, loss of government contracts and falling revenue.

So although experience might not be necessary…it certainly damn well helps.

Yeah I get that,but working for the AFL in Tassie isn’t going to be about making money, the AFL will cover all losses happily. He doesn’t need to make money.

More Rage articles on AFL and gambling today, including Gill's defence, which I couldn't quite understand: " ... I have a view which is not universal around the AFL, that is: Things that are legal and part of our game, our job is then to contextualise it and make sure it's not overly prevalent and has balance and context to it, not make decisions to prohibit or otherwise."

Overly?

Gillon thinks differently to others re: gambling in the AFL.

Others want it banned as a source of revenue. On the other hand, Gillon likes money.

More Rage articles on AFL and gambling today, including Gill's defence, which I couldn't quite understand: " ... I have a view which is not universal around the AFL, that is: Things that are legal and part of our game, our job is then to contextualise it and make sure it's not overly prevalent and has balance and context to it, not make decisions to prohibit or otherwise."

Overly?

Gillon thinks differently to others re: gambling in the AFL.

Others want it banned as a source of revenue. On the other hand, Gillon likes money.

He probably fixes the matches.

Looks like a lot of changes on the way if the most recent AFL survey is anything to go by.
Questions related to

• last touch out of bounds
  • Players restricted to zones either at all times or at ball ups
  • Extra points for scoring over 100
  • Less players per team
  • Then a few questions around rules, and big changes to fixed

Also, if you take into a account the modified rules for the women’s league

My kids won’t grow up watching the game I watched

Here’s some feedback for the AFL. If you’re going to provide an update with ‘everything you need to know’ about the women’s comp, actually include some developments! Not five points of TBCs.

I feel @Riolio will be interested in this. The launch of this league has been a joke.

Does the league have an official name yet? Not yet. The AFL will launch the league’s name and accompanying logo and branding later this year.

Wanna bet it’s the AFL logo but in pink?

Why wouldn’t it be? Pink is a girl’s colour.

Does the league have an official name yet? Not yet. The AFL will launch the league’s name and accompanying logo and branding later this year.

just watch the AFL ruin something which was a pass time for thousands of girls, into something completely different.

Haven’t the afl already flagged there will be new rules on trial?

Well the women’s comp yes, there’s plenty that I can think of they had flagged.

• less players on field
  • X number players need to stay in F50 either during all play or just at stoppages.
  • Smaller football
  • last touch out of bounds is a freekick
  • Shorter quarters

already trying to screw up a perfectly good opportunity to let the women play the ‘real stuff’

Not sure about everyone else.

No idea why we need new rules when they can’t even umpire to the ones we already got.

Please be the WAFL

I have a crazy idea for the AFL pay holding the ball / incorrect disposal, ALL the time, not just sometimes. Same with holding in a marking contest, holding/blocking at ball ups, throw ins, wrestling ruckmen holding (or you could just not pay any of these as both hold every time)
Main thing is, the rules are fine, just dont pluck one out every now and then.
One more thing, please eliminate forever the “interpretation” of “deliberate” and “unrealistic attempt”. Unless there are a crop of stage hypnotists, phsycics and or taro card readers about to enter the umpiring pool, please stop this nonsense, it’s embarassing

Please be the WAFL

That’s very hurtful.

Diggers, pls (accept my apology)

Is prior opportunity still a thing?

Looks like a lot of changes on the way if the most recent AFL survey is anything to go by. Questions related to - last touch out of bounds - Players restricted to zones either at all times or at ball ups - Extra points for scoring over 100 - Less players per team - Then a few questions around rules, and big changes to fixed

Every single one of those makes me feel physically ill

Honestly we fkn HAD the last touch out of bounds! It was TERRIBLE. Does no-one remember it?! ARE OUR MEMORIES THAT SHORT?!?!

Someone interviewed Adrian Anderson on radio the week after it was scrapped and they basically asked him “how on earth did that get through to being enacted as a NAB rule?” and he was like “it wasn’t all that bad… we had some positive feedback from some key markets” [corporate wank speak] and they laughed and said “Who?” and he went “…ummm well my hairdresser thought it was a good rule…” which I actually thought was top shelf from AA.

It fkn sucks. It does NOT work as a rule. The only reason we’re debating it is because we tightened the deliberate rule (which didn’t need to happen) and then as is always the case with the AFL the dumb prics couldn’t keep interpretation the same throughout the season. From Rd 1 to Rd 20 the rule has COMPLETELY slackened off which has caused the howler decisions which has created this debate.