AFL Feedback Thread

And you know what happens if they bring it in, the players and coaches will exploit it until it needs to change. It’s like the current situation where players just drop the footy. If your team is doing it, and your winning, who cares? Right?

Talking about AFL feedback, Sydney do an inordinate amount of whinging to the media about AFL rules. Seems they do not like to keep the stuff in house much.

AFL sucks

How about they wind back a heap of bs rules like chopping the arms (it’s always been a legitimate method of spoiling and the adjudication of it is incredibly inconsistent). As long as both players are looking at the ball and neither is pushed, let it go.

Penalise guys who shepherd the man on the mark. If a second opponent can’t be near the mark, neither should a teammate. This buggers up frigging Hawthorn.

I’d make them go back to waiting for the goal umpire to wave the flags before bringing it back into play too.

And make the MRP honest. No more fines for striking. Boomer’s last game for North should have been the Hawthorn game. And 3 weeks for Cyril.

How about they wind back a heap of bs rules like chopping the arms (it's always been a legitimate method of spoiling and the adjudication of it is incredibly inconsistent). As long as both players are looking at the ball and neither is pushed, let it go.

Yes please. I hate that arm chop rule. Once upon a time, to be a good marking player you needed the strength to hold onto the ball while opponents tried to break your grip. Not anymore.

Penalise guys who shepherd the man on the mark. If a second opponent can’t be near the mark, neither should a teammate. This buggers up frigging Hawthorn.

Agree.

I’d make them go back to waiting for the goal umpire to wave the flags before bringing it back into play too.

Yep. I’d also ban playing on whilst the umpire is talking to/instructing the man on the mark.

And make the MRP honest. No more fines for striking. Boomer’s last game for North should have been the Hawthorn game. And 3 weeks for Cyril.

That would be nice. Or at the very least make them consistent, and allow ‘precedent’.

We should have corner flags, maybe a hoop of some sort, a rounder ball, zones that you can only go in if you are a designated player, corner pockets, a jack, NFL style padding, lacrosse sticks, forget quarters and bring it back to two halves and maybe swimming caps and goggles.

That’ll be AFL in 200 years.

Shoot Dwayne Russell please.

How about they wind back a heap of bs rules like chopping the arms (it's always been a legitimate method of spoiling and the adjudication of it is incredibly inconsistent). As long as both players are looking at the ball and neither is pushed, let it go.

Yes please. I hate that arm chop rule. Once upon a time, to be a good marking player you needed the strength to hold onto the ball while opponents tried to break your grip. Not anymore.

Agree.

Yep. I’d also ban playing on whilst the umpire is talking to/instructing the man on the mark.

That would be nice. Or at the very least make them consistent, and allow ‘precedent’.

Bit hard to mark the ball if you get your arm chopped before you get a chance to mark it.
All you should be allowed from behind is punch at the ball and marking the ball.
Imagine if you got rid of this rule, arm chopping would be the SOP for contested marking situations… no thanks

The more we do this the more it seems reasonable

Agree.

Bit hard to mark the ball if you get your arm chopped before you get a chance to mark it.
All you should be allowed from behind is punch at the ball and marking the ball.
Imagine if you got rid of this rule, arm chopping would be the SOP for contested marking situations… no thanks

nah. Punching the arms in a marking contest has always been a legitimate tactic. This is different to pulling down or holding on to a arm…

I don’t want to say ‘always’ because there will always be an exception, but closed fist to face, off the ball: one week should be standard.
I don’t care if it glances a shoulder on the way through, don’t punch people in the face you friggin’ jerk!

I am astounded that no player has completely lost his ■■■■ and rained twenty blows on a guy for doing that.

I don't want to say 'always' because there will always be an exception, but closed fist to face, off the ball: one week should be standard. I don't care if it glances a shoulder on the way through, don't punch people in the face you friggin' jerk!

I am astounded that no player has completely lost his ■■■■ and rained twenty blows on a guy for doing that.

Jumper punches as well.

Striking should always have a minimum of one week, if not two. Bad ones, four plus.

Kicking back to the old days of 6-8 weeks.

And how does Firrito get reported every week or so, and they keep saying he has no applicable good or bad record. He’s got a shocking record.

“The only major football market to prosper for attendances in 2016 has been NSW, with crowds for Sydney and Greater Western Sydney games at the SCG, Spotless Stadium and Manuka Oval in Canberra all marginally up.”

This is the end game everybody, despite the fact the attendances have been woeful. Marginally up is all they care about. Screw VFL, go the AFL. We should never have let these scumbag administrators take over footy.

Get rid of on field dumbpires and umpire using drones and dumbpires watching the cameras.

That’s CRAZY GOOD!

would anyone notice