AFL Feedback Thread

Lolz, helping me form an opinion of AFL stories.

I think the AFL are incompetent. I hope one of their ā€œjournalistsā€ helps me form an opinion as to why they are not incompetent, particularly in light of their projected $20M loss in a year shortly after they signed the biggest broadcasting rights deal of all time.

How much money are they sinking into clubs haemorrhaging money like GWS, the Lions, Gold Coast, St Kilda and the like? How much money lost by putting games at Mikeā€™s stadium? How much to pay for hair stylists for Gil? How many bribes and hush money? Lots of places money can goā€¦

Fat Andy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  this league up. He just had to get football 52 weeks a year and get 2nd teams into QLD and NSW so they always have a game in that state, no matter the cost. 9 games a week ups the broadcasting deal but if you are spending more just to prop them up, whatā€™s the point?

Four less clubs that play one game each per season would be awesome. But itā€™ll never happen.

Apparently the league will lose $20million next year. HAHAHAHA.

I think the AFL are incompetent. I hope one of their "journalists" helps me form an opinion as to why they are not incompetent, particularly in light of their projected $20M loss in a year shortly after they signed the biggest broadcasting rights deal of all time.
You do realise that the broadcast rights don't come into effect until 2017? So next year is going to be another loss.

Considering falling attendances, the extended propping up of GC and GWS, plus half the league teams posting a loss this year, Iā€™m surprised itā€™s only a 20mil loss.
How much of the new stadiums in SA and the proposed one in WA are owned by the AFL?
Plus I think the AFL are subsidising the reduced cost of food on Sunday games at Etihad which is not looking like itā€™s been worthwhile.

I think the AFL are incompetent. I hope one of their "journalists" helps me form an opinion as to why they are not incompetent, particularly in light of their projected $20M loss in a year shortly after they signed the biggest broadcasting rights deal of all time.
You do realise that the broadcast rights don't come into effect until 2017? So next year is going to be another loss.

Considering falling attendances, the extended propping up of GC and GWS, plus half the league teams posting a loss this year, Iā€™m surprised itā€™s only a 20mil loss.
How much of the new stadiums in SA and the proposed one in WA are owned by the AFL?
Plus I think the AFL are subsidising the reduced cost of food on Sunday games at Etihad which is not looking like itā€™s been worthwhile.

I thought it was next year, my bad. But still itā€™s not acceptable. Sack these idiots and appoint some proper business people.

I thought it was next year, my bad. But still itā€™s not acceptable. Sack these idiots and appoint some proper business people.

Iā€™d rather they avoid ā€œproper business peopleā€ and move more towards the realm of ā€œsports administrationā€ people.

I now buy the milk WITHOUT the AFL logo

Fu#$Ɨrs

I used to involved with a local AFL club in NSW, it has fallen on hard times and is effectively shot now, if this AFL ASAGA bullshit hadnt have happened id happily be back involved and without blowing smoke up my backdise the club would still be going.

Its sad, but they destroyed my love for the game, whilst these administrators continue to run the game i will not use my influence to garner support for their dogs breakfast, corrupt, money hungry, competition or its supporters. Surely McDonalds and William Hill ran run local clubs by now?

Soccer is smashing it, league is experiencing some growth, union just added two teams to a local comp and the AFL is leaking players and teamsā€¦

Your bed Gill, enjoy your little lie downā€¦ you polo playing Flog

BTW Auskick numbers are counted twice, if a child does school program and also at a club thats 2 participants. If the same kid does school program next year, guess what he/she is a new participant

Rant over

How many of you watched a game (excluding ours) so far this weekend? 99% of you?

I tuned in to Lollingwood v Sydney when I heard the score in the 2nd quarter.

Cathartic.

Yep, nose ā€¦ face.

The game today was a fkn cracker.

How many of you watched a game (excluding ours) so far this weekend? 99% of you?

I might hate the governing body but Iā€™m not suicidal about it.

AFL sucks

The AFLā€™s new propaganda message:

https://youtu.be/z2UtHBWh7d4

Find this patronising in the extreme. I donā€™t care how many times the AFL tries to tell me ā€œitā€™s the fanā€™s gameā€ Iā€™m not buying that BS. Ever. We are not that dumb, itā€™s clearly not our game, itā€™s a cold corporate machineā€™s game where brand image is more important that the reality of the situation. If itā€™s the fans game then why muzzle any fanā€™s voice of dissent? Remember the Melbourne supporters and their $cully signs being removed? I saw an Essendon supporter have staff taking her sign away too despite a supportive message to players. Disgraceful, and not at all about the fans.

I used to involved with a local AFL club in NSW, it has fallen on hard times and is effectively shot now, if this AFL ASAGA bullshit hadnt have happened id happily be back involved and without blowing smoke up my backdise the club would still be going.

Its sad, but they destroyed my love for the game, whilst these administrators continue to run the game i will not use my influence to garner support for their dogs breakfast, corrupt, money hungry, competition or its supporters. Surely McDonalds and William Hill ran run local clubs by now?

Soccer is smashing it, league is experiencing some growth, union just added two teams to a local comp and the AFL is leaking players and teamsā€¦

BTW Auskick numbers are counted twice, if a child does school program and also at a club thats 2 participants. If the same kid does school program next year, guess what he/she is a new participant

Rant over

My kid wanted to do play soccer instead of Auskick this year and it doesnā€™t bother me in the slightest.

AFL can nick off.

Thatā€™s scary, glad he is okay.

Rant over

My kid wanted to do play soccer instead of Auskick this year and it doesnā€™t bother me in the slightest.

AFL can nick off.

I gave my kid the option of one or the other.
He chose tap dancing.

Bah; everyone knows the gateway sport to superstardom is ballet*.

• admittedly itā€™ll lead to their demise by PR a quarter of a century later.