AFL GF Entertainment

They're a joke. Pay some average acts and has beens to play year after year.

The Brady guy singing that song about football, that was an inspired decision from left field. 

reckon they should do a bit of footy pentathlon at pre game/half time.

1. 5 shots at goal from about 30 (L to R boundary, pocket, centre, pocket, boundary)

2. Torpedo punt contest

3. Footy show style handball comp

4. do a kicking hit the target thingy

5. 50m Sprint with tackle bags (player has to go to ground in the tackle)

Work out a scoring system, all club reps do it pre-game top 4 play off at half time.

doing a little league grand final with live commentary over the PA would also be fun and the kids would love it.

The problem is that the people in positions of power that decide who should be the entertainment usually have very bad taste or just don't know and follow very mainstream advice. It comes down to luck. Birds of Tokyo have couple of o.k. songs, but they sound like a Coldplay copycat band, or something like that.

Tame Impala would have been the logical choice or something like that. A good band.

The problem is that the people in positions of power that decide who should be the entertainment usually have very bad taste or just don't know and follow very mainstream advice. It comes down to luck. Birds of Tokyo have couple of o.k. songs, but they sound like a Coldplay copycat band, or something like that.
Tame Impala would have been the logical choice or something like that. A good band.

Why would anyone want to copy Coldplay? The single most boring, overrated band on the planet.

The problem is that the people in positions of power that decide who should be the entertainment usually have very bad taste or just don't know and follow very mainstream advice. It comes down to luck. Birds of Tokyo have couple of o.k. songs, but they sound like a Coldplay copycat band, or something like that.

Why would anyone want to copy Coldplay? The single most boring, overrated band on the planet.

Exactly!

Lionel Ritchie wasn't too bad.

What?

Didn't really watch the pre-game entertainment. Never have. The only ones I remember are the ones that have gone wrong (Meatloaf and the fairy that brought the Cup into the ground in the Geel v Port final).
Halftime entertainment was ****.
They 'supposedly' learnt from the NFL Halftime Show by putting a band on a small stage in the middle of the ground with no one around them to sing two songs.
They need to follow the NFL and allow fans onto the ground at halftime in front of the band. Also, Hunters were okay, but they aren't really performers as such.
They need to get singers and bands who are iconic and who aren't 'overt he hill'. Unfortunately that means there aren't many Aussie bands (at least from the last 15 years).

They let McBurnie bring the cup in?

At the the National Anthem was the best it has been sung in ages.  Go Tina.

The ARL Grand Final entertainment much, much better than ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB2RNzl0Qk

Maroochy Baramba 1993 - great day, epic fail

That was shocking. Surely she couldn't hear herself and the backing track. She should have never been put in that position.

That was shocking. Surely she couldn't hear herself and the backing track. She should have never been put in that position.

Agree, I couldn't last more than 30 seconds of the vid. Cringe worthy stuff, but not her fault

Agree, I couldn't last more than 30 seconds of the vid. Cringe worthy stuff, but not her fault

Yep, but if you compare her to Meatloaf she was brilliant.

Pie throwing contest at kim-jong demetriou ■■■■

BOUND FOR GLORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

Pre-match and half-time show were absolute rubbish. The AFL go to great length to tell how far and wide the telecast of the GF goes around the world. It is just embarrassing that we have to put guys on stage who are way past their Use by Date singing worn out songs.
I would much rather listen to Tina Arena. At least she CAN sing.

Pre-match and half-time show were absolute rubbish. The AFL go to great length to tell how far and wide the telecast of the GF goes around the world. It is just embarrassing that we have to put guys on stage who are way past their Use by Date singing worn out songs.

Mate, I'd cop The Wiggles over the crap that the AFL think is cool. Ffs AFL, stop letting conservative old men choose the entertainment that suits them. At this rate we'll cop The Seekers next!

Mate, I'd cop The Wiggles over the crap that the AFL think is cool. Ffs AFL, stop letting conservative old men choose the entertainment that suits them. At this rate we'll cop The Seekers next!

Fwiw I'm sure the wiggles did pre game entertainment once. Don't think it was a GF, maybe a state game or a final (can only remember it raining).
Let's face it, we hate pretty much everything bout the afl except the game, and they do their best to make it hard to watch that too ffs.