AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

I am getting very tired of players getting tackled the moment they get the ball, have their arms and the ball pinned to their body and instead of calling for a ball up straight away the umpire waits for an eternity, then pulls out a holding the ball decision because the player being tackled didn’t wriggle their arm about enough.

And then of course a minute later, someone will take on multiple tacklers, get caught and the umpire will wave their arms in the air “play on”

7 Likes

How did ‘holding the ball against the opponent in a tackle’ become ‘holding the ball’ free kick to you’?
It’s like a bunch of kids are umpiring ffs

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I wasn’t suggesting a last touch rule.

Ehhhhhh…
I don’t mind that.
If you make the call to dive then you have to get it out.
That’s kind of clear to me.

Spot on, Hoffy.

1 Like

As long as once the ball is out, then all bets are off. Too often, it’s the tackling player knocking it back in.

1 Like

AFLX showed exactly what makes our game great and how this bullshit they are running will only make it worse.

Our game is built around a contest, man vs man, the more thy go away from that the worse it will get.

2 Likes

In years to come, an AFL CEO (ehh sociopath) probably won’t even know what a football is.

I remember once hearing that prior to making high street fashion for chavs and waif like supermodels, Burberry started out 100 odd years ago making tents for the British army. In 100 years the AFL probably won’t have anything to do with footy, they’ll be a political party who owns the big four banks and manufactures pr0n. It’s Orwellian.

1 Like

I can’t wait for all the 50 metre penalties arising from kick-outs when the forwards don’t immediately sprint at least 20 metres from goal.

Good point, and one (amongst many) that I bet they haven’t thought of.

1 Like

The AFL is completely unaware of the Law of Unintended Consequences

4 Likes

Their egos have us about three years from them simply saying, “oh by the way, from next year it’s AFLX only. That’s what you’re all playing from now on. We think it’s such a great game, and so do you. Enjoy.”

2 Likes

They’ll use it as an excuse to rectify fixture problems. Oh and to employ those two circus blokes standing on each other’s heads which is Gil’s Wolf of Wall St box to tick.

I reckon Gil will one day hire a monkey too.

1 Like

Or how about when the guy kicking out after a behind’s been scored, runs the full 18 metre length of the goalsquare before he kicks out without bouncing the ball and gets pinged for running too far?

11 Likes

Equalization that’s what its about. the AFL are spoon feeding too many clubs and not to mention their love child The Gold Coast Suns.

Everything the AFL tamper with, in one way or another becomes a disaster sooner or later. Jobs for the boys and bums on seats.

The cynic’s view is that more goals = more ad breaks.

1 Like

I boldly predict the AFL will somehow stuff this up,

2 Likes

I’ll hold judgement to when it is implemented and see what the outcome is.

But in the meantime I’ll still loath the AFL administration.

Are you high?

in stature - no

in elevation - I’d have to say no. Just six floors up. But it is all relative to your position. My six floors beats Brian in the basement dungeon.

in state of mind - no. In fact I’ve had a cold and feel a tad low and croaky. But no need for sympathy or concern. I’m strong and will be fine.

4 Likes