AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Reads like he has already transitioned.

2 Likes

is the silver footy back this year?

The goldfish at AFL headquarters clearly have forgotten about this example of taking an amazing Australian product and completely butchering it with a new version that the public just didn’t demand or want.

4 Likes

There’s nothing in this for defenders!

I reckon any mark or defensive action on the goal line by a designated defender which prevents a score, should mean a deduction of the opposition’s score by a factor of two, ie, whatever the prevented score would have been.

I think we could come up with all sorts of ideas like this.

This is one of the problems.
It’s just (meant to be) a bit of fun, not taken seriously.
Therefore nobody cares.

1 Like

Ben had such a promising career as a journalist. Sadly it was taken from him in the very next paragraph

3 Likes

All I can think of is new and improved! Bbq shapes.

3 Likes

If nothing else the last 24hrs has filed me with hope that what we are seeing now is the death throes of aflx as they realise that the monstrosity they’ve created is getting absolutely zero traction in the market so they are madly throwing petrol on its quickly dimming flame.

2 Likes

It’s not the AFL’s style to backdown. Knowing how they operate, once it’s done this year they may just never mention it again. They will work on their assumption the public is so dumb that we will just forget it ever happened.

2 Likes

What do you guys think of AFLX?

2 Likes

There has probably been more time wasted by Blitz users sooking, posting and reading other people complaining about AFLX, than the duration of the games and draft this year.

It’s a preseason comp aimed at kids.

It’s a game designed to played overseas.

Get over it.

It’s not being rammed down your throat.

1 Like

Nothing wrong in trying to do something if there is a purpose behind it. Tapping into the kiddy-family friendly wham-bam sporting market is logical given the Big Bash success. But is a single event going to do it? If not then what’s the point?

You’d get bigger bang for buck if they streamed the intra-club matches. Are the JLT matches telecast?

1 Like

Not rammed down our throats. Why are they marketing it at all then where we can see it.

Hi Gil hi

3 Likes

Next year will be a full “we’ve listened” campaign, everything will be exactly the same except the 4 teams will be WA/SA/Vic/Allies

And the ball will be metallic pink.

1 Like

You obviously didn’t read Monday’s training thread and the discussion about our captain’s marking

That’s fine until you consider that big bash, as the bite sized version of cricket, takes about the same length of time as a full blown game of footy (if not a bit longer).

The Aussie rules package was already deliverig what the market wanted.

6 Likes

That was my suspicion as soon as they announced this re-jig of the format.

1 Like

Yep. This is just arrogance from an executive who really do believe they are meant to, and able to, make a good thing better.

First line of the hippocratic oath = “do no harm”

2 Likes

That would be a massive improvement.