AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

The chairman must have been very upset.

1 Like

You are the wind beneath my wings.

2 Likes

What’s the junior participation rate like these days for AFL? Where does AFL sit v Soccer?

LargeLastImperialeagle-max-1mb

All AFL members now being given free entry to AFLX.

All kids already have free entry. Plus they’re giving out tickets to government organisations.

This sh/t is going to be hilarious

2 Likes

It will be so awesome to see a completely empty Whatever it’s called Stadium for those bored enough to tune it.

Can’t wait for the AFL to claim it as a success though.

1 Like

What are the odds that @choppsuey’s free tickets don’t arrive in time?

1 Like

A high percentage of kids turned up! (because we let them in for free)

AFL members also turned up in large percentages! (because we let them in for free)

Ummm, the percentage of people in the stadium called ‘Gil’ was at its highest ever?! Gotta love Gils, right?

1 Like

He quit in December 2012, I remember reading a rumour type snippet in the paper at the time suggesting he’d left because a bigger scandal was coming that might lead to some at AFL house having to quit, leaving the top job vacant for him to return to…

1 Like

You saying it was saga related?

I’m not really saying anything, just remember reading it at the time and finding it curious. Could be saga related and he got out before the ■■■■ hit the fan, could’ve been something else that never came out due to the saga, could’ve just been a rumor in a newspaper that was off the mark to begin with.

1 Like

Well I can’t see anything going wrong with this

5 Likes

You know it’s serious, and not a gimmick by the way the idiot who bought them has to say it 4 times.

Oh and what a surprise, they have it in gridiron!

1 Like

Can’t think of any way to communicate using visual symbols.
A real pity someone hasn’t invented an alphabet.

6 Likes

And as usual, it’s an initiative designed to solve a problem THAT THEY CAUSED (by removing the runners)

3 Likes

Kick it to Daniher symbol =
The finger twirl

5 Likes

Where’s the problem? No runners = coaches will run messages out with players coming off the bench, everything happens, just a little bit slower.

It’s a poorly thought through gimmick to spend someone else’s money on gimmicky technology.

HD! Medical grade! Wireless!! (But it’s only allowed to be used from the bench and only allowed to display emojis…)

I’m glad they removed the runners. Coaches abused their role.

As for this symbol board. How practical is this going to be regarding seeing it from across the ground. And players stopping to look at it rather than focusing on the play around them.

2 Likes

I like the bit they snuck in at the end about attempting to removing officials on the bench during the game. That will be the next great initiative to a problem nobody had.

Is there going to be a interchange cap on coaches/trainers/medical staff now too?

2 Likes