AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

I know my last invoice went unpaid (cheques in mail i promise)

@Bomb_Doe work your magic with this

my last invoice to you is also unpaid - so Fark Scotty21

1 Like

How can i find room to pay you and buy nuggs?

1 Like

A sneak preview.

45302568_140047796985428_1875461268928438634_n

7 Likes

We’re soooooo going to be fined when we video our opposition’s board to help identify what their symbols mean.

1 Like

John Barnes and the red cap style?

1 Like

From the article: “They will have handles on either side that will enable a club official to hold them up for players to see.”

17 Likes

What’s the symbol which tells the players to concentrate on getting the footy and to stop looking at the boundary for instructions on the led board?

3 Likes

These people can’t work out not to put unpires in the same colour as the teams’ strips and you think some sort of wireless messaging/imaging system is going to get installed, up and running and tested satisfactorily, in the weeks between JLT2 and round 1?

Dreaming.

1 Like

How about a wireless messaging system to tell the umpires they’re wearing the same colours as the players?

Eh? EH?

I know what you’re thinking… ‘this guy on the Blitz is a genius’ And you know, you’d be right… there is a $10B startup there, my friend… mark my words

3 Likes

Sounds like it needs a few more fact finding missions just to nail down the details. Le Mans, Tour De France, World Series of Baseball should do it.

1 Like

I hear ya and I’m onto it. Running it up flagpoles with my contacts, putting out saucers of milk with investors to see who licks it up first. Just confirming, we’re an even 50/50 split on this one, yeah?

The AFL would get that message on an iMac.

2 Likes

Investors? Luckily this is the AFL we’re dealing with. Tens of millions to invest. (As long as your brother works for them)

4 Likes

There’s nothing quite like introducing a new rule with new technology two weeks before the season starts. If you’re going to do this the time to implement it was six months ago

1 Like

I hear that the players get to buy a vowel when they receive a free kick!

The telecast should be great - TV commentators crossing to the board and then quizzing and speculating with each other incessantly about what it means.

2 Likes

Exactly.
They’ll keep showing it, BT will keep yelling about it, no one will have a clue what the hell is going on

5 Likes

They actually had a story on ABC earlier about a dieing club in Gippsland, albeit in a small town. They were basically implying that the AFL are letting all these historical clubs and leagues die and they couldn’t give a ■■■■. It’s something we often don’t think of, but it’s true and absolutely pathetic. A billion dolars from TV rights, plus god knows what else from sponsorship, and all they do is push bullshit lunacy and lies through the media in order to have 24-7 attention. If grassroots football dies, you will have no one to play in your ■■■■ league, and consequently no one to fund your ■■■■ ■■■■ lifestyle. They’ll then have to think of other things they can start branding as “afl” after that.

9 Likes

I don’t get it. These small clubs are not AFL, they are aussie rules but have no relation to the national league. Sure I despise the AFL jerks but it’s nothing to do with them. Maybe I don’t quite understand the structure but I would have thought that local leagues need to run themselves just like the ones in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tasmania etc. Not trying to be a smarty pants, I just don’t understand the connection.

1 Like