AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Fish Creek FC. One that was in Alberton for a while whom Invy played.

Very small town, had way more success than a small town should.

The AFL have, and are, completely killing Country footy.

AFL fkn X be farked. Get your shitt together you useless fucktards!!

4 Likes

Developing & having future players for the AFL’s Circus perhaps?? :thinking:

2 Likes

How does the AFL control less people living in country and rural areas ? This is a demographic issue which is caused by a number of factors of which the AFL has no control - Some like to whinge for the sake of whinging.

1 Like

Fair call. I still struggle to see why the AFL should need to fund these clubs. I suppose as you say they are benefitting from the talent pool but there’s no direct link or relationship.

That’s exactly the trouble. The AFL gets no players from bush leagues any more. By far the majority comes from the under-age comps the AFL manages. As we all see each year, it is very rare for ANY over-age player to be de=rafted by ANY club, and even when that happens, ,it is via VFL or other State leagues.

Like many things in today’s world, I don’t like it at all, but it is what it now is. And nothing will change it.

3 Likes

I don’t normally bother, … but, are you actually farken serious??

So many people are moving down here it’s nearly time to fk off 2 hrs further to the Croajingolong.

1 Like

And for a PS, I liked seeing that report that there really IS a FCFC.

(Fish Creek Football Club).

7 Likes

Don’t fk up the Croajjingolong!

2 Likes

You know where most of our players started playing footy? Our Skipper?

What if their initial clubs didn’t exist?

Do you think they’d become footballers?

1 Like

Yeah I understand the point and it’s a good one. I struggle to see that it’s the AFL’s responsibility.

Indulge me for a moment and let me give you a crude analogy; A big bank obviously wants the most talented people working for them, do they pay for lots of kids education or do they do fark all and cherry pick the best talent when it comes around, possibly paying for a scholarship every now and then? The AFL is a business and they will get what they want the cheapest way possible. I don’t like them but that’s how they go about it.

1 Like

So let Country clubs die, and delete the Talent pool by half?

And also I might add, historically, the best Footballers on average that play AFL?

I’m really flabbergasted I’m having to make this argument TBH.

My flabber is totally gasted. :wink:

2 Likes

Except everyone plays AFL now, not Australian Rules Football. Since they have named the game after themselves, they should give more financial support to their grassroots clubs.
Won’t be long before we are playing ACB, not cricket.

3 Likes

Dude I agree with the point you are making but the AFL are too self interested to give a fark. Yeah I reckon they would let the country clubs die if there was no money in it for them in fact that seems to be what’s happening.

P.S. You need a new flabber.

P.P.S. missed you today, was hoping for a yak.

2 Likes

God I hate that, kids saying they play AFL. NO YOU DON’T!

7 Likes

Country clubs die because of demographics and loss of income - We have less people living in the country, so its harder to make up teams - Combine this with less industry in some country areas, along with a different mix of people who may not be interested in footy means less teams. And this effects other sports.

1 Like

You’re right. I could really use a new flabber.

Also, likewise, … catch up Round 2?? :thinking:

Hit the tiles after a stonking win maybe, …

… but only if you don that clobber from today or similar. :smirk:

I’m gonna be in Tassie for the St Kilda game, haven’t been there for 54 years. Back for the Lions game. I’ve had that fancy jacket for over 30 years, it sure is good quality, it was about 30 years old when I bought it.

This is spot on.

FFS, the AFL quite happily and very callously killed one of their foundation clubs (Fitzroy).

They quite happily and VERY callously, and very calculatedly devoted heaps of monetary and political resources into scapegoating one of their most successful foundation clubs just to divert attention from other cheating successful clubs.

So why in the name of all that is holy would they give 5/8ths of fark-all concern for what happens to some club that is over a hundred miles away from Gil’s polo club?

2 Likes

It is completely the AFL’s responsibility. The reason it’s the AFL’s responsibility is because they have managed to take complete control of Australian football. They are in a position of power and responsibility given they are the custodians of the game.

Previously there was a completely independent body known as various names but mostly known as the Australian National Football Council that ultimately controlled the sport and were custodians. However the AFL wasn’t happy with this arrangement and wanted complete control of the sport for themselves. Therefore in 1995 they took full control effectively removing any other body that oversees the sport. This means the AFL are responsible for all players and clubs, including country clubs.

A further reason they are responsible for overseeing a country football club is that in the last few years they have wound up the fiercely independent (without any real power) Victorian Country Football League to bring all country clubs into complete control of the AFL.

So basically what you have is a dictatorship of a sport that benefits hugely from the cash generated by the sport. Another key thing to remember is that there is no defined profit share with the AFL clubs - meaning the AFL decides how it distributes any revenues. This means that the fat cats in executive suites do a lot that works towards their sole objective of lining their own pockets. I have little doubt that some of the execs at AFL house are earning bonuses off the back of AFLX even if it’s a complete and utter flop - because they set their own bonus targets.

12 Likes

LED signs - in practice
The Optics of the Game

The new signs will “have handles either side so they can be held up by an official “
So, in practice a maximum of 1 metre x 1 metre

In practice no one seems to have tested this for actual visibility- possibly because the AwFuL head honchos are accustomed to looking at super box TVs or the giant screen at the ground for any details.
So, Biltzers, here’s what they’ll look like in real life from a distance

A second version, hopefully clearer for those with small screens/ vision issues

Didn’t any of these farkwits remember footy grounds are just a tad bigger than the sports they’ve mindlessly aping?

• note I would have used Nino’s infamous strategy diagram but it was too complex
9 Likes