AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

What about all those intraclub matches Essendon won? Surely they have to count.

2 Likes

I wonder if the Bulldogs will push to have their vfa flags counted if everyone else is getting their vfa flags included?

Honestly i can’t see this as anything other that rewriting history, that is another competition you can’t annex it as it continued to exist after the split

3 Likes

Well that was surprisingly easy to work out.
Clubs can count whatever premierships* they like. And they should, as part of the club history.
But they’re not VFL/AFL flags and never will be, and the VFL/AFL doesn’t get magically have a longer history at the stroke of a pen.

Next distraction.
16 players on the field, anyone?

*however tenuous some of those claims might be

4 Likes

I think this whole thing is just silly.

I don’t give two hoots about premierships that were won decades before my grandparents were born. I just don’t. And I’m a football history buff.

But I simply don’t care about where we stand on the premiership ladder.

I care very much that we’ve only won 1 flag in the last 25 years, though.

5 Likes

Of course not.

How is that related to what I said?

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t consider “AFL Commission considering woefully stupid take that benefits Carlton” newsworthy given how frequently it happens.

The VFL broke away from the VFA. I thought this was common knowledge. Does Victoria get to claim NSW’s Origin wins as well?

4 Likes

I’ll take $10 on night Grand Final, and $20 on James Hird return to coaching.

3 Likes

Next distraction here…

3 Likes

Here’s my suggestion

:poop:

11 Likes

Jeez, must be something going on… they’re pulling out a whole series of distractions this week…
Wonder what it is?

5 Likes

I agree, something is going down.

Costing 6 figures from an external consultant! Current scenes at AFL HQ

8 Likes

I wonder whose brother the consultant is?

5 Likes

Well the AFL will be sure to listen to that suggestion.

Always somehow find a way to make things :poop:

Don’t tell me 7 year old that. It was his main boast at Anzac Day and Dreamtime.

New logo?

1 Like

Yes, because that is the problem at the moment too few different interpretations on the same field

12 Likes

How the AFail think that this is even a possible solution to the problem, defies all rational thought.

2 Likes