AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Needs to step away so he can spend more time arranging Visas for au pair girls.

9 Likes

Quite a few callers to daytime radio calling for Gillons resignation.

Apparently he is good with commercial aspects of footy, ( selling TV rights?) but all at sea with just about everything else.

Finally. The penny has dropped.

5 Likes

Yes, yes… oh please let it be true that the rest of the footy world is waking up to the corrupt dung pile that is the AFL executive. Hope this is the turning point and fans get fed up with the state of the game.

1 Like

Everyone’s just catching up to where Bombers fans have been for 7 years.

14 Likes

That’s the thing with this current situation, it’s not just about one, or even two sides being AFLed by the AFL. It’s being felt by supporters from all clubs. The AFL have managed to unite the opposition supporters against them.

1 Like

Except The Bulldogs… to them Gil is a demigod and can do no wrong. They know what side their bread is buttered on…
Anyone else hear Blubber Boy giving the AwFuL’s nuts a good tonguing today? Sycophantic twat…

8 Likes

Has this been posted?

Hilarious :rofl:

2 Likes

Hilarious in that the ump made the right call there

That’s actually really fkg wrong, on so many levels.

It does go to show that these “security” staff have NFI what they really should be doing.

But he would be livid that the spotlight got taken off him by the security guard

1 Like

I was actually surprised anyone was watching a North vs GWS game.

3 Likes

It was gws v norf? Ah that explains it, he had no crowd to control

8 Likes

Yep. But that’s a result of their training. They’ll be receiving generic crowd control training, which does well for like pubs and nightclubs and music festivals. And in those contexts, loud and boisterous usually means trouble down the track.

The solution here is for the AFL to lean on the contracted companies to adjust training for sporting events, but that costs money the contractors would not be the least bit interested in spending.

1 Like

I have had nightmares that make more sense than the AFL does these days…

1 Like

Gillamir Putin
Gill Jong Un

But given the mass surveillance and social warning/credit system Gill Jinping seems the best.

He is a disgrace to the game and should be sacked immediately.

This is what happens when an organisation is not answerable to anyone or anything.
In an ideal world, there’d be checks and balances to keep things in line.

Short of boycotting the games, the fans have no outlet for this.

The media should be performing that role, particularly the Carowhines and Fatpricks of this world (who have no interest in the game itself, but supposedly scrutinise the inner workings of the way it’s run).

But no… the AFL has the media in its pocket (with its accreditation process) so precious few actually have the ability (or guts) to ask the hard questions and paint the full picture.

And so, things roll along…

6 Likes

I’ve been told he called for back up too.

Evicted Carlton fan engages top law firm to clear name and demand apology from AFL

Lawyers for footy’s flog man have fired a legal letter to the AFL demanding a formal apology and retraction of claims he “ran across two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls.

Top law firm Holding Redlich have been engaged by “Frankie”, the Carlton member evicted from Marvel Stadium two weeks ago for calling Nicholls a “bald-headed flog”.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan claimed on 3AW last Friday that Frankie had run in an aggressive and intimidating manner towards Nicholls during the clash against the Brisbane Lions.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SUPERFOOTY PODCAST

The Blues supporter is adamant he never left his seat on Level 1. He believes he has been vilified and defamed.

Asked on Tuesday whether he maintained that Frankie had run across two bays, McLachlan said: “That was my advice at the time”.

Citing the AFL on June 11, The Age newspaper said the Carlton fan was “evicted for ‘spooking’ (the) umpire by running, screaming, waving his arms”.

NOT RIGHT: FLOG MAN THREATENS LEGAL ACTION AGAINST AFL

McLACHLAN: AFL DENIES CRACKDOWN ON FAN BEHAVIOUR

BETTING: AFL COMES DOWN HARD ON STEPHENSON

Frankie was back at the footy on Saturday night. Picture: Michael Klein

The claims were used to help justify theactions taken against him as the fan security crisis engulfed the game.

Holding Redlich partner Kyle Siebel told the Herald Sun : “Frankie did not run across two bays of seats as has been alleged.

“Holding Redlich has written to the AFL requesting that the incorrect statements on the public record be corrected and an apology be issued.”

Frankie’s lawyers are also seeking the removal of the first and final warning slapped on him by the AFL integrity department.

Mr Siebel said Frankie was willing to sit down and apologise to umpire Nichols for calling him a “bald-headed flog” as part of the retraction process.

Asked by 3AW’s Neil Mitchell about Frankie’s eviction last Friday, McLachlan said: “I don’t reckon it was just because of those words.

“Mathew Nicholls is a very experienced umpire, I got the notes about it, I followed it up, he said it was the most intimidated he’s been in his hundreds of games of football.

He wants an apology from the AFL.

Frankie is accused of running at umpire Mathew Nicholls. Picture: Michael Klein

Pressed again on whether Frankie had run at the umpire, McLachlan said: “Yes, that was the assessment in the briefing I had, absolutely, across two bays, and the umpire felt intimidated.”

Fallout from the incident led to Frankie taking stress leave from work, while his heavily pregnant fiance was distressed by the publication of images of his face on TV and in the newspapers.

“They’ve thrown me under the bus,” Frankie said last week.

“Go and get the footage. They (the AFL) own the ground, so it shouldn’t be that hard for them to get the footage of me running across the two bays. But it didn’t happen.

“I’m disappointed with the AFL that they think they can bully their way out of situations and make up their own stories.

“The normal fan has no right of reply.”

Broadcaster Gerard Whateley weighed into the Frankie furore last week by criticising 3AW for “championing him in a bizarre and inappropriate way” after he called in to tell his side of the story.

2 Likes

Hopefully, it will end up with Whateley, Nicholls and Kim Jong Gil doing some serious jail time.

And the Carlton fan too, of course, but that goes without saying.

4 Likes