AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

No one GAF what you think Twatly.

5 Likes

was an anthill, now a mountain

2 Likes

■■■■ me

By putting his call to air?

Brown nose

6 Likes

Two points here:

1. Lift your game folks.

2. This all hinges on Matthew Nicholls getting a call right - would seem to be game, set and match to the carlton fan.

4 Likes

The other guy that got the 3 week ban from the Richmond cheer squad supposedly asked to take a 12 month ban from the AFL.

That was the green maggot guy

taking the afl to court? i’m sure that will turn out real well for flog man.

Yes, that was what I said a couple of hundred posts ago.

Jackson Taylor had a sound case but was worn down by the millions of the AFL. I doubt Holding Redlich will fund the case pro bono against that.

And that leaves aside all the threats and personal intimidations that will be served up.

Let’s see how far this goes. Another pay-off and lips sew together.

Gillon McLachlan admits his claim a Carlton fan ran to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls may not be right

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has admitted his claim a Carlton supporter ran across “two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls may not be right.

Lawyers for Frankie, the Blues fan evicted from Marvel Stadium two weeks ago, wrote to the AFL on Wednesday seeking an apology and formal retraction of claims he ran in an aggressive and intimidating manner towards Nicholls during Carlton’s clash against the Brisbane Lions on June 8.

‘Travesty of justice’: Footy ‘flog man’ calls in lawyers

‘Flog’ man launches legal action against AFL

Asked if he still believed it had happened, McLachlan told 3AW this morning: “That was the advice I had at the time and whether it’s right or wrong, what I think is clear is that the umpire felt intimidated and I’m not going to back away from supporting security and others who protected umpires who felt intimidated.”

The claim Frankie had run waving and screaming at Nicholls to call him a “baldheaded flog” was used to help justify the actions taken against him as the fan security crisis engulfed the AFL.

Gill has backtracked

Carlton fan Frankie is suing the AFL

McLachlan now says the allegation is a “technicality”.

“That was the advice I was given,” McLachlan said.

“I’m sure people will work through the technicalities of whether he did or didn’t run two bays in the process of intimidating the umpire.”

Asked if he had seen the legal letter sent by top law firm Holding Redlich, McLachlan said: “No. I haven’t paid a lot of attention to it. I’ve seen it reported, yeah.”

Told Frankie was “pretty upset about it”, the league boss said: “Is he?”

Frankie’s legal team say he has been vilified and defamed and are also seeking the removal of the first and final warning slapped on him by the AFL integrity department.

Mathew Nicholls claims he was ‘spooked’ by fan behaviour. Pic: Michael Klein

Multiple media outlets were briefed by the AFL about Frankie running aggressively towards umpire Nicholls as debate raged about whether calling an umpire a flog justified an eviction.

Citing the AFL on June 11, The Age newspaper said the Blues fan was “evicted for ‘spooking’ (the) umpire by running, screaming, waving his arms”.

Broadcaster Gerard Whateley also weighed, criticising 3AW for “championing” Frankie “in a bizarre and inappropriate way” after he called the station to tell his side of the story.

Holding Redlich partner Kyle Siebel told the Herald Sun this week: “Frankie did not run across two bays of seats as has been alleged.

“Holding Redlich has written to the AFL requesting that the incorrect statements on the public record be corrected and an apology be issued.”

Hahaha.

‘Flog man’

1 Like

Ah Gil, was it not intended to be a factual statement? But we should still accept it as true anyway?

2 Likes

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

1 Like

How can someone who acts in this way avoid been held to account. I hope the commission rips him a new one.

Gil Jong Un - in the dictatorial form of his life.

2 Likes

Frankie is a frenemy.
Anyone who sues the AFL for anything is ok.
Enemies become friends.
Twatley, self-appointed moral arbiter of all things AFL, concludes yet again that the truth does not matter.
The smell of a bad loss on a Thursday night seems to linger forever.

2019 is a really weird season. A fitting end would be Freo v the Saints in the GF, and gil joining FatAndy in completely farking up the private sector.

5 Likes

Case closed: AFL set to keep Marvel roof shut for remaining 2019 games

Ben Collins

The AFL will keep the Marvel Stadium roof closed for the rest of 2019

FOR THE rest of the AFL season, and perhaps for time immemorial, no one is likely to hit the roof about the roof being open at Marvel Stadium for day games.

That’s because the AFL is set to keep it closed for the remaining five day games at its Docklands venue.

It is understood the League will review the roof’s future use for all games at season’s end.

The news will come as a relief to many players, spectators, and broadcasters, each of whom have struggled with the contrast of light and shade on sunny days.

Scott Pendlebury :heavy_check_mark: @SP_10

We talk a lot about what’s good for the fans and viewers, I’ll tell ya one thing that no one enjoys, the ■■■■■■ roof open! Shambles

1:58 PM - Jun 8, 2019

The roof is expected to be be closed for the following day games at Marvel Stadium:

Round 15: St Kilda v Richmond, 1.10pm AEST

Round 18: Carlton v Gold Coast, 2.10pm AEST

Round 19: Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, 1.10pm AEST

Round 20: Essendon v Port Adelaide, 1.45pm AEST

Round 21: St Kilda v Fremantle, 1.10pm AEST

Can they install some extractors to get rid of the firework smoke?

3 Likes

or maybe not let fireworks off in the first place

4 Likes

That’s crazy talk!

1 Like

Isn’t the because the morons built the stadium the wrong way or something?

2 Likes