AFL Members w/ Essendon Club Support screwed over

It is through the club.,

1 Like

what does that set you back?

AFL Member Etihad Stadium 7 Game Reserved Seat

Adult

High Mark - $465 (Level 2)
Silver - $265 (Level 1 Wing)
Bronze - $130 (Level 1 behind goals or Level 3 wing)

Concession

High Mark - $461
Silver - $316
Bronze - $113

Junior

High Mark ā€“ $185
Silver ā€“ $110
Bronze - $50

And before you ask ā€¦ confirmed that yes a Silver Adult is actually cheaper than a Silver Concession :confused:

1 Like

WTAF?

Lol.

Beyond baffling, I had to ring up after I got the price list as I thought it was Silver Adult $365, but is indeed $265

EFC Membership guy couldnā€™t explain it either and double checked with his manager and confirmed the prices

Surely they mustā€™ve stuffed up the Silver Concession price and should be $250ish

With that I can now see why a Silver 7 game Etihad plus a AFL Silver or Gold membership works for some people.
What is the chances of getting into games like ANZAC Day and Dreamtime with the AFL Silver though?

Need to upgrade to a reserved seat (for both Gold & Silver) but apart from that no issue getting a ticket to those games in the AFL Reserve unless you wait to the very last minute. ANZAC Day sells out pretty quick, Dreamtime rough chance of a walkup seat

This is why I have tried 3 times to speak to the club but Iā€™ve been on hold for over 15 minutes each time.

Oh well, they lose the money, not us. Weā€™ll just have to skip the etihad games. Itā€™s 6 of us so it would be nice to get the reserved seats all at the start but apparently not important enough for the membership department

The only issue you face is ticketek itself

Iā€™ve had a look over it and even though it works out cheaper the AFL membership doesnā€™t really suit me ATM. The Non transferable part bothers me as ill be in Russia and Europe for 6-8 weeks this year and wouldnā€™t get a heap of use out of the membership. Atleast with a Essendon membership I can pass them over to someone whilst Iā€™m away

1 Like

Plenty of people pass their memberships on. Itā€™s not policed very well. Even GF there was little to no policing of tickets/membership exchanging even though they threaten suspension of membership if caught. Reckon the only time I saw them checking membership/tickets was the 2008 GF.

I saw checking on ANZAC Day this year, but itā€™s so easy to avoid itā€™s laughable

Is ticketek owned by the AFL comglomurate?

Not sure. Ticketek have rights to MCG events, ticketmaster for etihad. Surely this is against ACCC policy/law

Itā€™s really only the GF and the 2 PFs where the gold/silver distinction is an issue. In all other games itā€™s first in best dressed no matter what level of membership you have.

1 Like

Sounds like its part of the clan.

Biggest issue with this that I find is that I attend these games with non AFL members, so the seats that I end up with for buying myself and a non AFL member tickets are always in the nosebleeds. So each year I am a full membership paying supporter with shithouse seats to big games as I am penalised for attending games with non members.

I agree but its a catch 22. I also donā€™t want to be in the nose bleeds because i canā€™t get a level 2 seat because somebody is sitting there after having purchased a guest pass.

What annoys me is that an afl members guest pass is more expensive than a GA ticket meaning i usually have to sdcan in through the members and then walk half the ground to sit with my mates.

1 Like

I believe the club were looking into membership bays rather than allocated seats. Hence you could reserve seats in the area before each game and purchase seats that were unaloocated for guests.

Iā€™m not sure how far along it is or even itā€™s its viableā€¦ I just remember there being talk about it.

1 Like

Quick update - The club is well aware of this issue now and the AFL has been in touch with EFC bosses giving their 2 cents on the matter also. Club ā€œreconsideringā€ their position

1 Like