Afl round 6- non essendon games

I know Watts has some skill but the man seriously does not want to do the hard work and makes Houli look brave.

I know Watts has some skill but the man seriously does not want to do the hard work and makes Houli look brave.

Pre game, channel 7 actually showed some really good footage of how he ruined their entire team defense by being a lazy git.  Don't know how much of that Roos will put up with.

I've always supported Watts, but that effort yesterday was the worst I have seen from any player, ever. Heart the size of a grain of rice.

Melbourne will ruin salem, just like they do everyone else

I'm curious to who Melbourne have "ruined". It's not like any of the busts they've picked have gone on to be stars elsewhere. Maybe Scott Thompson, but he showed plenty at Melbourne. I always hear that "former Melbourne top draft pick" could be awesome if you get him away from Melbourne, but it never happens. I think the simplest explanation is the correct one here: They just can't pick good players.
Maybe Salem will be another one, it was only one quarter of one game, but I don't think Melbourne will "ruin him". It'll be up to him whether he makes it or not.

it was a bit tongue in cheek but their are plenty of players who would be better players at other clubs
jack trengove is the biggest one for me. He was a GUN through juniors and in the early part of his career. Now he's just stagnated and looks pretty ordinary
watts would be better somewhere else, so would grimes. Both talanted yet, going nowhere with their games
scott thompson is now a 10x better player, as is brock mclean. I think its even fair to say jared rivers has improved a fair bit, he's quite good for the cats now

Do they look better because they are better, or just hiding in a better team?

Brock McLean??  I remember McLean practically winning a final for the Dees off his own boot.  He was very highly rated when he was at Melbourne.  Melbourne actually got a better pick for him than the Saints did for Luke Ball.  He hasn't got better since leaving at all.  Ditto Rivers.  He was also pretty highly regarded, winning the Rising Star award.  He didn't really improve from that, but he was always solid just like he is now.

Trengrove might just have been an early bloomer.

Really, the only guy they might have "ruined" is Watts and the more I see of him, the more I think he's just unsalvageable.

I think Melbourne are turning it around very slowly.  A midfield of Salem, Tyson, Viney, Vince and Jones could be ■■■■■■ good in a couple of years. Add Toumpas if they can ever get him going (personally I think he's a wasted pick - should have been Ollie Wines).

Nice dive Buddy. Russian judge would have scored it an 8.

Crows over dogs

hawks will kill richmond

Cats and power is real hard. Port have had extra 2 days recovery. I was geelong all week but im thinking port

Richmond seem to for some reason play very well against the Hawks.

Brock McLean?? I remember McLean practically winning a final for the Dees off his own boot. He was very highly rated when he was at Melbourne. Melbourne actually got a better pick for him than the Saints did for Luke Ball. He hasn't got better since leaving at all. Ditto Rivers. He was also pretty highly regarded, winning the Rising Star award. He didn't really improve from that, but he was always solid just like he is now.
Trengrove might just have been an early bloomer.
Really, the only guy they might have "ruined" is Watts and the more I see of him, the more I think he's just unsalvageable.
I think Melbourne are turning it around very slowly. A midfield of Salem, Tyson, Viney, Vince and Jones could be ■■■■■■ good in a couple of years. Add Toumpas if they can ever get him going (personally I think he's a wasted pick - should have been Ollie Wines).

rivers was good his rising star year, but then also stagnated. I think its clear mclean is a better player now than his melbourne days
concur about toumpas, I dont see it at all with him
their midfield is ok, but their KPP are some of the worst going around with zero depth. Frawley is good, dawes is a honest tryer but thats about it. Hopefully hogan comes good
they are playing better defensively, its a start but they are a lonnnng way off it still. Their development and recruitment has been deplorable for years

Dogs are up and about early.

Western Bulldogs 6.3.39

Adelaide 1.5.11

I've always supported Watts, but that effort yesterday was the worst I have seen from any player, ever. Heart the size of a grain of rice.

Agree. He is now on the world's smallest list, things that make Bryce Gibbs look hard. Didn't look at all interested, switched off big time, even when the Dees were up and about early, he gave them nothing.  

Dogs 6.5.41

Crows 5.7.37

Crows have fought back hard. Cooney but on so far.

The AFL's theme for this round clearly must have been "getting out to big leads early and then coughing them up in a blink" week... and 6 5 41 might be good lotto numbers for the week as well.

Legit question,Whats going on with maccas nose? Its always been like that and I have no idea why

Jesus Fremantle get an easy run.
You breath or even think about tackling a Fremantle player and you'll be pinned.
Absolute disgraceful umpiring in the west and has been for years.

There were a few dreadful non decisions yesterday early in the last quarter that should have gone to the WEagles. There was a series of three tackles directly in front of goal that went unrewarded. Anyone of them could easily have resulted in goal before the Blooos got on their run. The frees were definitely there, but none of them were paid. Meanwhile down the other end. Talk about some home ground advantage decisions, they were ■■■■■■ terrible. Were done to the Blooos for coming back and the WEagles freezing but when the game was on the line, there was some ■■■■■■ woeful officiating by the chumps.    

Jesus Fremantle get an easy run.
You breath or even think about tackling a Fremantle player and you'll be pinned.
Absolute disgraceful umpiring in the west and has been for years.

There were a few dreadful non decisions yesterday early in the last quarter that should have gone to the WEagles. There was a series of three tackles directly in front of goal that went unrewarded. Anyone of them could easily have resulted in goal before the Blooos got on their run. The frees were definitely there, but none of them were paid. Meanwhile down the other end. Talk about some home ground advantage decisions, they were ■■■■■■ terrible. Were done to the Blooos for coming back and the WEagles freezing but when the game was on the line, there was some ■■■■■■ woeful officiating by the chumps.

They are only getting worse and year after year it is declining even further.
This year with dropping the ball would have to be the worst the game has ever looked.
The only answer I can see is to have extra field umpires but even then I doubt they'd get it right.

Woeful error riddled game this one.

If we don’t smash this dogs did next Weddell it is season over imo

Woeful error riddled game this one.
If we don't smash this dogs did next Weddell it is season over imo

Smash them?
I'd just take a win, any win, at the moment.