AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

I don’t get it.
What’s magic about it?
Maybe it will make Gil disappear. That’d be magic.

2 Likes

This has got AFLX written all over it.
Even worse, a distinct whiff of that poxy Lightning Premiership thing they put on in the mid 90’s.

And why hasn’t that bug-eyed todger farked-off yet???

Have the airlines already taken the opportunity to jack the prices up-to-buggery during that time and gouge the few non-South Australians who might give the faintest of ■■■■■ about this circus?

1 Like

Yes and for the last 4 months Adelaide has had the highest hotel occupancy rate of any city in Australia

1 Like

I’d rather a VFL round, when all the Vic teams play each other on a Saturday afternoon at the same time. And you have to buy a record to decipher the code for the scores on the scoreboard for the other games, or listen on your little trannie radio.
You could have games at the MCG and Docklands, and a game in Geelong and one in Ballarat.
North could play St.Kilda at Arden Street. (Probs still wouldn’t be capacity).

6 Likes

And you can bring eskies in to the game, but only if they are full of VB tinnies, you can smoke durries and kids under 16 get in for free if they are wearing a footy jumper!

Just got a text from a source at the club who reckons Norwood Oval will host 2 games.
He also mentioned that he has heard that Adelaide won the rights to a LIV tournament in April

1 Like
6 Likes

I’ve never been to Adelaide… fark it, I will fly down to check it out. Catch some footy, drink some beer, support the Bombers and whoever is playing fark carlton.

2 Likes

Good luck getting business class seats from BrisVegas to Radelaide on the Friday… I’m booked with a mate on the 6:15am flight, everything else gone. Looks like im getting day drunk.

Still some business seats on Virgin and there will be more flights put on. Virgin will switch their fleet around too to increase capacity

If I go up I’ll hit up Aceman to stay at one of his villas.

I genuinely hope we play GWS or Gold Coast or Fremantle to get that boring match up out of the way.

Somewhere like NSW?

They do invest in aflw.
Unfortunately because there’s no curtain raiser, not many people attend the games.

Where are you getting your crowds from if they played like you want in Sydney? Maybe I missed the news of Swans and GWS getting huge crowds of locals.

“Oh, Melbourne and Perth?
Big win. Well done.”

What? They have LGBTetc radios now?

1 Like

I hate it.

Breaking a 50 year tradition of 22 h&a games in a season.

Multiple games on secondary league grounds.

Hate it.

1 Like

So Magic round is the one where I don’t get to see my team or any other play in Melbourne. Not a bad effort considering the AFL is an expanded Victorian Football League.

1 Like

In 1993 Essendon finished top of the ladder winning 13 of the 20 games they played that year!

3 Likes

It will be massive, smart choice to do it in Adelaide for the first one it will give it some good momentum. I’m surprised the AFL are giving free entry to club members they would sell out the tickets easily anyway, could have made a few extra million there too if selling day passes.

1 Like