AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Yeah but we got them without Fergie

Yep in 1999

Wiki says no?

I don’t actually like her, but she’s world famous and a lot of randoms will tune in just to see her, which is the whole point of grand final entertainment, so it’s a good choice.

1 Like

We continually scrape the bottom of the barrel with half time shows. Just get some Aussie talent to play. Give a young group an opportunity.

A set from the reigning blonde DJ champ maybe

4 Likes

She can do a Menulog ad.

1 Like

Bring back Angry Anderson!

2 Likes

Nah, would get drowned out and booed right off the stage

Nah… it would start with someone complaining that the opening track was “too dark for a sunny Saturday afternoon” and they’d start booing. Then almost immediately there’d be a pile-on of booing…

And then everyone in the crowd would start oversharing stories of drunkenness and/or celebrity run-ins from their youth…

3 Likes

[quote=“Chris_1993, post:8729, topic:10302, full:true”] I think Black Eyed Peas absolutely sucked
[/quote]

Fixed

1 Like

Kenny Loggins.

He could do a duet with his brother Leroy Loggins

3 Likes

for those interested in this kind of discourse, the stand rule just determined the winner of the u18 championships

3 Likes

Might have been discussed elsewhere, or maybe I just didn’t see it right, and I know the whistle was put away for most of the game last night, but I could swear I saw a Melbourne guy on the mark jumping around all over the place.

Maybe he was five metres back? But that’s still weird behaviour.

Made me have a tiny little wtf moment…

Spoke to one of the SANFL umpire delegates yesterday at the game and there has been a stack of AFL minions watching live games again the last couple of weeks and his belief is that the last touch rule is coming in next year

3 Likes

That would be a good change.

I want to see players penalised for appealing for insufficient intent and watching the ball roll out of bounds with their arms outstretched. I mean, just go and get the ball mate.

3 Likes

They do that in the SANFL. The player watching a ball and shepherding it out can be penalised if the umps feel they are making no attempt to get the ball when they could

2 Likes

Amazing. Do you think it would be a positive change overall?